• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rooting for Rengifo

37 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If you watch Rengifo he really does have an Erick Aybar vibe to him. Similar running style, lot's of energy on the field, quick to smile and steal a base. The year he was in San Bernadino there was Adell, Walsh, Marte, Marsh, Jones and Hunter Jr. all on the same team. 

And the dude can milk walks...   

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lmao.  We’ll see about that.  

How long have you been following the Angels ? I’m not being a jerk.  Genuinely interested.  Being positive is good.  

19 years.

Jumped on the 2002 wild card bandwagon, got very, very drunk, several times, and never really got around to falling off it again... rather reminds me of my first wife actually but that's another story. Anyway, yes, it was that first series of the post-season against the MFYankees that got me, that pesky brand of busy baseball the Angels played under Scioscia was a real delight to see, and the rookies K-Rod and Lackey were doing brilliant things. Fun times.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You should own a Spitfire if you ever want that to change.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Am MG also requires a very positive owner.

Two of my favourite cars as a child - MG Roadster and Triumph Spitfire. Spoke wheels, throaty engines, sleek lines, gorgeous cars and well worth the effort I think. Both built during the brief golden age of British car manufacturing. Nice choices chaps.

42 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

And the dude can milk walks...   

Which is a good thing because he is Ricky-Lite on the basepaths. Turning a walk into a double by the second pitch to the next batter is a real valuable talent. If Rengifo and Fletcher were to sync up at SS and 2nd and at the plate it would be awesome. Rengifo walks, steals second and Fletcher slaps a single to right center to score him, taking second on the throw to the plate. Wash, rinse repeat that 150 games a season.

11 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Two of my favourite cars as a child - MG Roadster and Triumph Spitfire. Spoke wheels, throaty engines, sleek lines, gorgeous cars and well worth the effort I think. Both built during the brief golden age of British car manufacturing. Nice choices chaps.

You might say I have a fondness for one of those.

20180914_101101.jpg

20 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You might say I have a fondness for one of those.

20180914_101101.jpg

She's a real beauty, looks great in white and wonderfully restored. Kudos Mr Blarg, you have excellent taste in cars and baseball teams. I bet she sounds incredible going through a desert canyon.  

29 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yes, well, both my baseball team and Spitfire have commonalities like being a lot of fun mixed in with dissapointment which requires an overhaul now and then. In both cases the owner should be probably changed instead of the duct tape and crazy glue fixes.  

I had a 68 TR250 for 8-9 years....  driving it was the most fun 15 minutes ever.

That is the most collectable of the TR4/6 Series. If you can ever get it properly sorted they are great fun. All the way up until a Honda Civic blows by you and you remember you are driving a 50 year old high performance car of that time period. 

32 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That is the most collectable of the TR4/6 Series. If you can ever get it properly sorted they are great fun. All the way up until a Honda Civic blows by you and you remember you are driving a 50 year old high performance car of that time period. 

The carbs....  OMG...  Just no.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

It’s true but when they continually suck I want them to be on another team. For example, I hoped Quintana was going to be good for the Halos but I’d rather he pitch for the Dodgers from this point forward 

I was just messing with you, but I think some people here genuinely want to watch the world burn.

Also, Quintana shouldn’t pitch in the majors.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Dude, I didn't fall off the turnip cart. I stay clear of East LA and Yorba Linda Blvd. 

This is the second time today you've said something I can relate to....  I was rear ended on YL Bvld TWICE...  Both times on the overpass over the 57 while in the RH lane leading to the freeway onramp.

Last year was really rough for Luis and I hope an outlier.  I thought he did enough in 2019 at age 22 to show us that there was some good stuff there.  And then he couldn't get anything going in the shortened season.  

But we've all seen how dynamic he can be at times.  Yet we've also seen him look super lost at times.  Hoping the latter is just because he's young and getting his sea legs at mlb.  

Hoping he can find consistency on both sides of the ball because he has the makings of a very good leadoff hitter.