• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Astros (4-23-2021)

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I got tired of saying this...   MS could manage circles around Maddon.  Anyone that watched the Cubs WS saw they won in spite of him.

Here’s what I know about Scioscia versus Maddon. Scioscia valued defense and made decisions that reflected that.  If Scioscia had this team he would have looked at Gosolin, Rojas, Rengifo and Mayfield and would have chose the one with the best glove to replace Rendon.  He would have made the best decision on who was on the taxi squad with defense in mind.  I’m not sure we’d have Suzuki but maybe a defensive catcher as back up.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Here’s what I know about Scioscia versus Maddon. Scioscia valued defense and made decisions that reflected that.  If Scioscia had this team he would have looked at Gosolin, Rojas, Rengifo and Mayfield and would have chose the one with the best glove to replace Rendon.  He would have made the best decision on who was on the taxi squad with defense in mind.  I’m not sure we’d have Suzuki but maybe a defensive catcher as back up.  

MS would have used Benboom.   

More likely than not, he would be playing Fletcher at 3B where he was a GG finalist two years ago and Rengifo at 2B where he's not a GG finalist, but it makes for a better defensive alignment than Rojas anywhere.  FWIW, Rojas has looked a little more comfortable with the bat of late.  

I think what I liked most about MS was his love affair with run prevention.  He also understood the value of walks.

That game vs the Rangers on Wednesday, where 30+ Halos pitches were called balls that were strikes, shows how much Stassi’s pitch framing is missed.

Finally, he’s back this weekend?

Also Halos pitching staff, your control REEKS!   Nearly FOUR BBs per 9 innings?   Really? Really? Really?

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That game vs the Rangers on Wednesday, where 30+ Halos pitches were called balls that were strikes, shows how much Stassi’s pitch framing is missed.

Finally, he’s back this weekend?

Also Halos pitching staff, your control REEKS!   Nearly FOUR BBs per 9 innings?   Really? Really? Really?

They walked ZERO yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Outside of fans trying to be positive about this team, nobody believed them to be a serious contender. We knew going into the season that the pitching was a huge question mark. It was unrealistic to view them as more than a .500 team. 

They're a third-place team at best. Let's face reality. It's all about pitching, and nothing was done to improve it. Once Albert's contract comes off the books, we'll have more financial flexibility to pursue some quality pitching, not cheap reclamation projects.