• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Fletcher the table setter?

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

First he gets his golf clubs stolen, then Chuck singles him out. Tough year for Grich. 

And some idiot in the hangout forum told me to "pack my bags" when I didn't like the show "Justified."

24 minutes ago, True Grich said:

And some idiot in the hangout forum told me to "pack my bags" when I didn't like the show "Justified."

One of the continuing storylines in Justified is the characters don't know they have out stayed their welcome and never heed the advice it is past time to leave. 

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

David Fletcher currently leads the AL in outs made.    This is not optimal.

It's like this entire team took anti-steroids.

It's a god damn mess.

And no, we're in mid may. It's no longer "early". 

Well, hopefully these couple of days off gives Fletch the opportunity to analyse his game and find whatever has changed. It must have been a strange start for him with the distraction of his life-changing contract, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt so far, he really does need to turn it around now though and start doing his job. The line-up needs that Fletcher spark at the top of the order and a .285 OBP isn't going to cut it. 

This team, sheesh. 

On 4/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, Blarg said:

Look, I get you guys are wanting to squeeze as many runs out as possible but in the case of Fletcher his career numbers point to his OBP being about 60+ points higher than his batting average. That follows him through his minor league career.

He has not forgotten how to take a walk, it's just a slow start. Had this taken place in July his year to date numbers would mask a drop off but the first 16 games every plate appearance creates more of a shift, positive or negative.

By mid May you guys will forget he was ever in a slump and chase some other under performing player. Until then try and hold your water. 

Still waiting. 5 BB's in 160 PA's. .285 OBP. Come on Fletcher, we need you. 

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Right, but who would be the optimal hitter to lead the team in outs made?

I really don’t know the answer to that question.

Making outs is bad. 

Leading the league in outs made as a hitter while being the leadoff man tasked with getting on base is very bad.

As far as who would be the optimal person to lead the TEAM in outs made.  I'd say Albert Pujols.

Making outs is bad.

35 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Making outs is bad. 

Leading the league in outs made as a hitter while being the leadoff man tasked with getting on base is very bad.

As far as who would be the optimal person to lead the TEAM in outs made.  I'd say Albert Pujols.

Making outs is bad.

You just pissed off Gene Mauch.

40 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Making outs is bad. 

Making outs is bad.

@Jeff Fletcher or @Dollar Bill this would be a great to bring up to Joe Maddon. 

I think the idea that outs are bad is not an accurate perception.  Every team makes 27 outs in a game.  Every good hitter makes approximately 7 outs in every 10 at bats.  The issue is with the conditions or the context the outs are being made.  Moving a runner from second to third as a result of hitting the ball to the right side making an out is a good use of the out.  Working the count making the pitcher throw a variety of pitches which results in an out is a good use of the out.  Fletcher's pitch selection looks more like Vlad's while his swings look more like the fat, nonathletic slow pitch softball guy who plays only because his company sponsors the team.