• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hanford Guy's Hijacked Memes Thread

nate

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tank

• Vegas Halo Fan

• HanfordGuy

• Redondo

On 4/9/2022 at 10:03 PM, Tank said:

Put on your thinking caps, folks.

9390D49E-D4F6-4DEB-B461-ECD4C2257594.jpeg

I'm thinking it's 4. 1 would drain to 3 before it fills. 3 would drain to 4 before it fills.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, though, the connection between 3 and 5 is blocked. I don't know if that's a "Gotcha!" element or if it's just a quirk of the artwork. If it's intentional, my answer is 5.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm thinking it's 4. 1 would drain to 3 before it fills. 3 would drain to 4 before it fills.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, though, the connection between 3 and 5 is blocked. I don't know if that's a "Gotcha!" element or if it's just a quirk of the artwork. If it's intentional, my answer is 5.

Now use filled as a transitive verb and start over. 

49 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The connection between 3 and 4 is also blocked so 3 seems to be the obvious answer

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Filled : to put into as much as can be held or conveniently contained.

Once the fluid reaches the point it flows into 3 it has by definition been filled. 1 no longer can contain any more fluid.

I do enjoy a dash of pedantry with my Angelswin fix. Bravo @Blarg, excellent work. I'm sure somewhere @EnglishCop has a proud tear in his eye (that he'll no doubt explain away as dust).

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Filled : to put into as much as can be held or conveniently contained.

Once the fluid reaches the point it flows into 3 it has by definition been filled. 1 no longer can contain any more fluid.

So water won't start pouring into the connected containers until 1 is totally filled? 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

how much of the container must hold water for it to be considered "filled"? that's germain to the question.

And the language of that answers its own question: the 'container' is the part of diagram '1' that contains the water, the rest of it (above the water line of the container), is piping of differing diameters.