• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should we go for Lynn this off-season?

Angel

Rangers seem to have made a blunder by not trading him at his maximum value, he is one of the most effective pitchers in the AL right now, certainly not someone to pass up if the price is right.  The Rangers are in no position to keep him around next season, we have lots of young arms (finally) that the Rangers might be second guessing and interested in.

4 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

55E5719C-0E9A-46F1-8A69-7D7F5CD74AD5.gif.4ea310dc183c1a0182208e2c7a1cb038.gif

If this Bundy is the real Bundy then we can compete for a wild card with this years Lance Lynn and this years Bundy if Canning takes a step ahead.  No idea if any or all of those things happen, probably not.  But yea, with better starting pitching that goes deep into games, yea, we could be contending for a wild card I would think.  Favorites, probably not.  But MUCH better than what we saw this year.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If this Bundy is the real Bundy then we can compete for a wild card with this years Lance Lynn and this years Bundy if Canning takes a step ahead.  No idea if any or all of those things happen, probably not.  But yea, with better starting pitching that goes deep into games, yea, we could be contending for a wild card I would think.  Favorites, probably not.  But MUCH better than what we saw this year.

Right but that’s a lot of “ifs”. Which has bit this team in the ass the last 4-5 years. 

Imo you need to approach next season assuming you’re going to get nothing from Ohtani. 

I guess we’ll see how Canning finishes up this season but if he starts to stumble you can’t go into next season relying on him either. Heaney is unreliable. It’s been 5 years and this organization refuses to rebuild and it’s handcuffing them every off season. 

That’s why I thought it was important for them to sign Keuchel. The Angels needed some stability in this rotation. Keuchel isn’t going to blow anyone away but you know what you’re getting and we need more of that.

Just looking at the roster/rotation as it is now it’s pretty tough to see a scenario play out where they fix all of these problems in one off season, again...