• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is interesting. Trumps campaign was more policy focused 

http://reason.com/blog/2017/03/09/trump-ads-trumped-clinton-on-policy

That's not quite what the article said. Clinton's campaign certainly had significantly more detailed out policies than Trumps, just comparing the websites it was obvious.

But her campaign ads weren't reflective of that, as this article attests to. It's not just enough to tell people why you shouldn't vote for the other guy...at some point you have to sell yourself as well.

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

55 minutes ago, Adam said:

This is interesting. Trumps campaign was more policy focused 

http://reason.com/blog/2017/03/09/trump-ads-trumped-clinton-on-policy

36 minutes ago, red321 said:

That's not quite what the article said. Clinton's campaign certainly had significantly more detailed out policies than Trumps, just comparing the websites it was obvious.

But her campaign ads weren't reflective of that, as this article attests to. It's not just enough to tell people why you shouldn't vote for the other guy...at some point you have to sell yourself as well.

I think the two things working against her were:

1. Her policies were too detailed and unwieldy. She needed to focus on themes, not details.
2. Between made up and legitimate scandals against her it wasn't the easiest sell when she focuses on her past.
3. Trump has a gift of eliciting these emotional and irrational responses from his opponents who should know better than to respond in kind. But he still gets them to all the same.

56 minutes ago, red321 said:

Well 90% of voters make their decisions based on the ads...

6 minutes ago, cezero said:

fun new strategy from the turd.

when his sec of state goes abroad, don't allow any media to come along, making it so the only narrative citizens get is from the state department itself. 

Can it be in the 1930's and 40's Newsreel style?

10 minutes ago, cezero said:

fun new strategy from the turd.

when his sec of state goes abroad, don't allow any media to come along, making it so the only narrative citizens get is from the state department itself. 

It's unbelievable, and some will be just okey dokey with it because "liberals sad" or some other pass that they're giving themselves for abandoning their former values in the name of partisanship.

4 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's unbelievable, and some will be just okey dokey with it because "liberals sad" or some other pass that they're giving themselves for abandoning their former values in the name of partisanship.

You have to admit you do sound pretty sad in this post.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

You have to admit you do sound pretty sad in this post.

I suppose I would seem that way to you, at least according to the persona that you put forth on this board. I have no idea how true to life keyboard Jay is, though. I'm not as much sad as I am baffled that so many people would seemingly abdicate their values and expectations in exchange for our current leader.

5 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I suppose I would seem that way to you, at least according to the persona that you put forth on this board. I have no idea how true to life keyboard Jay is, though. I'm not as much sad as I am baffled that so many people would seemingly abdicate their values and expectations in exchange for our current leader.

Isn't Tillerson just saying that reporters might not be coming on the plane with him to Asia?

21 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's the same as the liberal left seeing the abuses of the intelligence communities that they screamed and warned about for years but now it's laid bare and barely a "meh".  Maybe there is only a finite amount of outrage we can muster?

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

It's the same as the liberal left seeing the abuses of the intelligence communities that they screamed and warned about for years but now it's laid bare and barely a "meh".  Maybe there is only a finite amount of outrage we can muster?

Sometimes, even a perpetual outrage machine needs a recharge.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I can muster just a sliver of outrage and it is typically about Aidan - this mother effer on my t-ball team who doesn't listen. 

Trade him but be careful. He might hit four home runs against your team next time just to stick it to you. 

48 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Precisely. It's apparent that the amount of rage that many can muster is inversely proportional to the amount of cheerleading they do for who/what should be justly receiving scorn. Also, it would seem that you can also reliably adjust up or down on the basis how childish a person seems to be as well.

54 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Trade him but be careful. He might hit four home runs against your team next time just to stick it to you. 

Adam clearly is a terrible coach. His team has already tuned him out. What makes you think (besides genetics) that he'd be a good GM?