• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 hours ago, Glen said:

That's another very plausible possibility.  This will distract from Trump for the moment heading into the weekend, and then by Monday many people will have moved on.

On Monday nobody will care about anything but the eclipse.

By Tuesday there will probably be another story or scandal to distract us.

Is it just me, or was the world a lot more tolerable before social media came along?

Is Breitbart running the country now, or Politico, or Huffington, or CNN, or any of the countless other shouting voices out there? Turn on any TV news outlet, and you've got panels of people yelling at each other and hurling all sorts of accusations, politicians denouncing other politicians, the madness just goes on and on. A legislator in Missouri calling for the assassination of the president. Something bad has seized this country.

The next few weekends should see some really nasty demonstrations (read: riots) occur in some big cities, organized via Twitter, Facebook, and other sites. Boston, for one, is bracing for trouble. Just unreal.

What happened to Russia, by the way? Seems to be forgotten.

Edited by fan_since79

Also this:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/bannon-the-trump-presidency-that-we-fought-for-and-won-is-over./article/2009355

Bannon says that his departure was voluntary, and that he’d planned it to coincide with the one-year anniversary of his joining the Trump campaign as chief executive, on August 14, 2016.

“On August 7th , I talked to [Chief of Staff John] Kelly and to the President, and I told them that my resignation would be effective the following Monday, on the 14th,” he said. “I’d always planned on spending one year. General Kelly has brought in a great new system, but I said it would be best. I want to get back to Breitbart.”

33 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Well there goes that narrative.

Ummmm, I think that strengthens it, no?

He's going to fight the people that he thinks are detrimental to Trump in the White House (and elsewhere), apparently.

Also, do you have anything bad to say about your dear leader after this past week?

32 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Also this:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/bannon-the-trump-presidency-that-we-fought-for-and-won-is-over./article/2009355

Bannon says that his departure was voluntary, and that he’d planned it to coincide with the one-year anniversary of his joining the Trump campaign as chief executive, on August 14, 2016.

“On August 7th , I talked to [Chief of Staff John] Kelly and to the President, and I told them that my resignation would be effective the following Monday, on the 14th,” he said. “I’d always planned on spending one year. General Kelly has brought in a great new system, but I said it would be best. I want to get back to Breitbart.”

Ah, he resigned.

Tony Reagins resigned, too.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm confused by the whole thing. First we hear that Bannon was fired, or at least asked to resign, and the White House in total disarray.

Now we hear that he was planning his exit a while ago, and Trump was fine with it. A routine change.

Which is it??

The only thing that routinely changes in this White House is the information that comes out of it.

It's SOP, pretty much.

48 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Ummmm, I think that strengthens it, no?

He's going to fight the people that he thinks are detrimental to Trump in the White House (and elsewhere), apparently.

Also, do you have anything bad to say about your dear leader after this past week?

Well, people seemed under the impression that Bannon was going to "war" against trump, not for him.

8 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Is it just me, or was the world a lot more tolerable before social media came along?

I sit here wondering more and more frequently just what the hell happened to our country. I don't know when or how it became more acceptable to whine about everything or try to shut down opposing viewpoints from your own or physically attack people you disagree with without any fear of reprisal or drop F bombs like they're M&M's, but that's where we are and frankly i'm very worried about it. As a society, we have turned a corner to a much more angry time in our existence, and I don't see how we're going to get out of this.

Is social media to blame? Yes, but to what degree, who knows.It certainly has given a lot more people a platform for expressing opinions or criticism in a much more anonymous way than a letter to your local newspaper. Maybe it's the after-effect of talk radio. I don't know, but I hope it changes for the better sooner rather than later.

18 hours ago, Tank said:

I sit here wondering more and more frequently just what the hell happened to our country. I don't know when or how it became more acceptable to whine about everything or try to shut down opposing viewpoints from your own or physically attack people you disagree with without any fear of reprisal or drop F bombs like they're M&M's, but that's where we are and frankly i'm very worried about it. As a society, we have turned a corner to a much more angry time in our existence, and I don't see how we're going to get out of this.

Is social media to blame? Yes, but to what degree, who knows.It certainly has given a lot more people a platform for expressing opinions or criticism in a much more anonymous way than a letter to your local newspaper. Maybe it's the after-effect of talk radio. I don't know, but I hope it changes for the better sooner rather than later.

I think you're pretty spot on with highlighting social media.  The unfortunate effect of it is this crazy explosion of confirmation bias that it has created.  It's just this echo chamber where the loudest angiest and dumbest voices are the ones that stand out the most.  And it's beautiful because as you said, people get to hide on the internet.  It's basically just connected assholes and emboldened them.  So now we have more so then ever before, connected and organized thought streams of stupidity and extreme takes on everything.  This last election cycle for example.  The absolute torrent of bullshit that people spread around the internet via social media.  It's really disheartening.  

Im with you as far has having a cynical outlook.  I'm not really what the solution is here.  We seem fucked. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think you're pretty spot on with highlighting social media.  The unfortunate effect of it is this crazy explosion of confirmation bias that it has created.  It's just this echo chamber where the loudest angiest and dumbest voices are the ones that stand out the most.  And it's beautiful because as you said, people get to hide on the internet.  It's basically just connected assholes and emboldened them.  So now we have more so then ever before, connected and organized thought streams of stupidity and extreme takes on everything.  This last election cycle for example.  The absolute torrent of bullshit that people spread around the internet via social media.  It's really disheartening.  

Im with you as far has having a cynical outlook.  I'm not really what the solution is here.  We seem fucked. 

Worse yet is that so many people are natural followers and gravitate to the loudest voices.