• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

8 hours ago, cals said:

Thats the point.  Reasonable doubt is a tough threshold, in theory.  But juries aren’t lawyers or judges.  They don’t really care about that shit.

A guy I knew was one of those CSI for the LAPD guys.  He was called up on the OJ trial, and had all this evidence that had him dead to rights.  But the problem is, prosecution goes first.  And he was one of the first one's called.  By the time the defense got around to their witnesses and the delays and everything, all his testimony was just about forgotten.  

Of course these guys are going to make Chauvin look guilty.  These are prosecution witnesses.  Once the defense gets their people up there, holes are going to be poked through everything, and he's going to walk free.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

A guy I knew was one of those CSI for the LAPD guys.  He was called up on the OJ trial, and had all this evidence that had him dead to rights.  But the problem is, prosecution goes first.  And he was one of the first one's called.  By the time the defense got around to their witnesses and the delays and everything, all his testimony was just about forgotten.  

Of course these guys are going to make Chauvin look guilty.  These are prosecution witnesses.  Once the defense gets their people up there, holes are going to be poked through everything, and he's going to walk free.

I don’t think he’ll walk but he will not be doing as much time as the activists and SJWs want 

Let's suppose that we had a patient in the hospital and he was receiving fentanyl (and maybe other meds) for pain management, as some patients do. This patient then starts to become confused, belligerent and unruly, but not violently combative. He's a big dude but for some reason his arms are immobilized and of no use to him (let's say he has bilateral shoulder injuries). He starts to wander a bit in the hallway, but not too far. He is CLEARLY not a true danger to others (can't use arms, has no weapon), but rather a time and resource wasting nuisance at this point. Let's say that security comes and tells him that he absolutely must return to his room, but he states that he finds it to be too small and states that he's claustrophobic. They get him on the ground and hold him down with a knee to his neck for 10 or so minutes, all while he's complaining that he can't breathe. He then dies.

We cool?

37 minutes ago, cals said:

In Clooney’s defense, he can’t say what he really thinks and what most of us think:  Don’t take fentanyl and try to fight with cops.

Obviously that is contrary to the narrative that is being pushed in this incident but I do wonder if most people (including BLM activists) actually realize this but pretend they don't?  

14 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Let's suppose that we had a patient in the hospital and he was receiving fentanyl (and maybe other meds) for pain management, as some patients do. This patient then starts to become confused, belligerent and unruly, but not violently combative. He's a big dude but for some reason his arms are immobilized and of no use to him (let's say he has bilateral shoulder injuries). He starts to wander a bit in the hallway, but not too far. He is CLEARLY not a true danger to others (can't use arms, has no weapon), but rather a time and resource wasting nuisance at this point. Let's say that security comes and tells him that he absolutely must return to his room, but he states that he finds it to be too small and states that he's claustrophobic. They get him on the ground and hold him down with a knee to his neck for 10 or so minutes, all while he's complaining that he can't breathe. He then dies.

We cool?

First of all I don't know if comparing a person medicated under the care of a doctor is equivalent to a person who is self medicated with drugs provided by a hood based pharmaceutical rep. I've been clear that my opinion is this was a case of excessive force and was initiated by a non violent offense.  I'm not even sure why he was on the ground to begin with. The police here probably had much better options in resolving the issue. This current trial isn't about the way the police handled the incident but was Chauvin's actions the cause of Floyd's death. There are well documented cases of excited delirium where the restrained person died without a knee on the neck. Simple hands behind the back and face down could do it. Did Chauvin's knee position contribute to the death? Probably but I doubt it was the cause of it. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

First of all I don't know if comparing a person medicated under the care of a doctor is equivalent to a person who is self medicated with drugs provided by a hood based pharmaceutical rep. I've been clear that my opinion is this was a case of excessive force and was initiated by a non violent offense.  I'm not even sure why he was on the ground to begin with. The police here probably had much better options in resolving the issue. This current trial isn't about the way the police handled the incident but was Chauvin's actions the cause of Floyd's death. There are well documented cases of excited delirium where the restrained person died without a knee on the neck. Simple hands behind the back and face down could do it. Did Chauvin's knee position contribute to the death? Probably but I doubt it was the cause of it. 

So we'd not be cool?

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

In your scenario? No, because of the threat level being low

Floyd's hands were cuffed behind his back, he was unarmed, he was pretty obviously chemically impaired, he REQUESTED that they let him just get on the fucking ground, he was slow as can be and they were merely having a difficult time getting him to get in/stay in the police car.

Can you explain to me how the threat level in Floyd's scenario is any higher, especially given that there are multiple police officers on the scene?

5 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Floyd's hands were cuffed behind his back, he was unarmed, he was pretty obviously chemically impaired, he REQUESTED that they let him just get on the fucking ground, he was slow as can be and they were merely having a difficult time getting him to get in/stay in the police car.

Can you explain to me how the threat level in Floyd's scenario is any higher, especially given that there are multiple police officers on the scene?

I don't think it was a significant threat. Like I said, they had other options in dealing with this incident. Anytime there is suspected excited delirium medical should be on scene with the cops. That situation is always a medical emergency 

14 hours ago, fishbulb said:

You are ignoring the threat from potential by standers. Cops are distracted and ambushed frequently. I think we all would have preferred a different outcome but it is likely the incident didn't occur at St Mary's Church. I would bet money this is a high crime area where cops are not always welcome.

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

You are ignoring the threat from potential by standers. Cops are distracted and ambushed frequently. I think we all would have preferred a different outcome but it is likely the incident didn't occur at St Mary's Church. I would bet money this is a high crime area where cops are not always welcome.

Yet he apparently had 9 minutes of leisure time to waste just kneeling around the neighborhood 

8 hours ago, Kotchman said:

1) lol

2) ok

3) lol

4) have a good weekend!

5 hours ago, cals said:

To be fair KC, it couldn’t have been that terrible of a neighborhood, the video shows a couple of bearded white hipsters standing around.  Now they could be stage 1 gentrifiers, but still, it’s not like it was East St. Louis.

Maybe so. I don't know the area. Fish is obviously very educated but has no real world perspective on fighting crime or working in a violent profession. Does he really believe Floyd is the first criminal to claim he can't breathe? The cops probably here this claim from half the criminals they restrain. 

57 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

If jackass enters the vehicle as he was ordered, he is still alive today. 

You don’t know that. What you do know is that he didn’t commit a capital offense during the incident. And if being a jackass is punishable by death the world population would be in the low triple digits 

18 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You don’t know that. What you do know is that he didn’t commit a capital offense during the incident. And if being a jackass is punishable by death the world population would be in the low triple digits 

I just don't get the outrage over losing this scumbag. I can see firing the officer but I don't see a murder charge here. He had so many drugs in his system that he may have died anyway. If we really want to help these communities, we need to focus on fixing the fatherless homes. All this police brutality and social justice uproar, doesn't address the real problem.