• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's batting average and walks in 2020?

Getting Rendon will help Trout out big time. Only concern that I have with Rendon is how he will fare this season getting to face many pitchers whom he has never faced before. But Rendon is an all-around hitter, so he's proven that he can adjusted at the plate. Trout hasn't batted at least .320 since 2013, so it's been like 7 years now. And if you have been following him for years, 2014 was the year in which pitchers found a hole in his swing, the upper part of the strike zone. Has usually struggled hitting the high fastballs. I still think that Trout can hit at least .320 in 2020 but unlike 2012 and 2013, he does not have the benefit of having his weakness hidden. His walk rate could also go down even if his batting average increases with Rendon hitting behind him. I think Trout could hit close to .320 but his OBP could go down by a decent amount to about the .400-.420 range, which is still outstanding. 

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Getting Rendon will help Trout out big time. Only concern that I have with Rendon is how he will fare this season getting to face many pitchers whom he has never faced before. But Rendon is an all-around hitter, so he's proven that he can adjusted at the plate. Trout hasn't batted at least .320 since 2013, so it's been like 7 years now. And if you have been following him for years, 2014 was the year in which pitchers found a hole in his swing, the upper part of the strike zone. Has usually struggled hitting the high fastballs. I still think that Trout can hit at least .320 in 2020 but unlike 2012 and 2013, he does not have the benefit of having his weakness hidden. His walk rate could also go down even if his batting average increases with Rendon hitting behind him. I think Trout could hit close to .320 but his OBP could go down by a decent amount to about the .400-.420 range, which is still outstanding. 

Rendon did just fine in the World Series as I recall. 

2019 was odd. He had the lowest BABIP of his career by a significant margin. He usually has a BABIP in the .350-.360 range. So it could have just been bad luck, or he's starting to Pujols.

I'm gonna say .306 with 92 walks. I think he changes his approach a bit with Rendon behind him. We'll see more K's (170 or so) but he'll eclipse 40 HR again. Maybe even 50 if the ball is still juicy.

I think he'll hit his first season in the .330's legitimate MVP caliber protection behind and an OBP machine in front of him plus Ohtani and Upton and Adell? Its a great time for offense for the Angels.

Will say his OBP won't be in the .460 range, but .450 sounds right. Walks will be right at 100.

I'm still waiting for that year from Trout. Where he just goes completely apeshit and hits .340 with a 1.200 OPS and 50 HR. 

He's 28 so if it's gonna happen it will happen within the next few years.

I do think his power comes at a cost of batting average so it may not happen but he's fuckin Trout so anything is possible.

49 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm still waiting for that year from Trout. Where he just goes completely apeshit and hits .340 with a 1.200 OPS and 50 HR. 

He's 28 so if it's gonna happen it will happen within the next few years.

I do think his power comes at a cost of batting average so it may not happen but he's fuckin Trout so anything is possible.

For many, the highest power years start now.  Not an actual prediction (because who would make such an insane prediction?), but it would not shock me if Trout hit like 250 homers over the next 4 years.

Yes, that is mind blowing.

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

For many, the highest power years start now.  Not an actual prediction (because who would make such an insane prediction?), but it would not shock me if Trout hit like 250 homers over the next 4 years.

Yes, that is mind blowing.

Just 15 homers and he passes Salmon on the Angels all time leader board.

On 1/21/2020 at 3:14 PM, Dick B Back said:

Just 15 homers and he passes Salmon on the Angels all time leader board.

salmon deserved better than to finish at 299.

although with the long futility of this franchise, that might actually be some kind of perfect metaphor.