• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

6 hours ago, failos said:

Yep, I agree. His death could’ve been prevented. He was very foolish to not get vaccinated.

It’s just baffling how so many Christians are against the vaccine. But, I know many anti-vaxxers who aren’t Christian or conservatives—I just think the latter are most vocal about it. It’s strange, because it was always the hippies/far left who were against vaccinations until the Covid vaccine.

Guys like Larry are absolute dipshits. It’s no secret I like Trump, but if you are against getting vaccinated and/or wearing a mask, then you are a dimwit.

My pastor friend was never vocal about vaccines and never mentioned politics in his sermons, he just stupidly chose not to get vaccinated, and now he’s dead.

And while it’s ultimately his fault, I do blame the batshit rhetoric guys like Larry spread to deter people from getting vaccinated. I don’t give a shit about your precious freedoms, you selfish assholes.

Meanwhile, these clowns have no issues gobbling 50 different kinds of pills prescribed by their doctors or even snake oil —but a vaccine for a deadly virus is somehow off the table for them.

In Larry’s defense I don’t think he’s ever told anyone else here that they shouldn’t get the vaccine or they were an idiot for doing so. 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

7 hours ago, failos said:

Got my booster today. Feeling kinda out of it with chills and a headache, but nothing too bad.

I had the same, woke up that night a little cold and sweats and some body aches but it was easier than when I had the 2nd shot. I had been feeling like crap before, weather getting cold and then getting hot same day, allergies, etc, but next day felt better than in a long time and slammed a workout.  Like it got rid of my allergies even.  I like the lasting long term affects as Larry would put it. 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Yes, because first responders ie police and fire are easy to replace.  You could just go to any employment office and fill your rolls.

Also, makes me wonder how many of the 1/3 of first responders not getting or probably more correctly reporting that they got the jab is just people sick and tired of being a first responder.  Defund the police, homeless pandering, covid.  Police, Fire, front line medical, their jobs have probably gotten 300x harder the last few years with little appreciation or more importantly increase in pay.  The mandate might have just been the last straw for a lot of people.

My next door neighbors apparently have Covid and two of their three kids got. Not sure if they have gotten the vaccine or not (the ten year old daughter told me last year that the flu was parroting the parents). They aren't obese people but they aren't exactly fit either so one might think Covid would be a serious issue for them. Apparently they have had it for a week and should be coming out of quarantine just fine. So if they got the vaccine, might explain why they handled it apparently better than others of their weight group. If they didn't get the vaccine, I guess not all over weight people have an issue with it.

It seems to be an unpredictable virus at times.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

In Larry’s defense I don’t think he’s ever told anyone else here that they shouldn’t get the vaccine or they were an idiot for doing so. 

I was dismissing his harmful rhetoric about the vaccine.

He just recently claimed there could be long term effects from it, which is a bunch of FUD. It’s treading into vladdylonglegs conspiracy territory.

Edited by failos

6 minutes ago, Kevin said:

My next door neighbors apparently have Covid and two of their three kids got. Not sure if they have gotten the vaccine or not (the ten year old daughter told me last year that the flu was parroting the parents). They aren't obese people but they aren't exactly fit either so one might think Covid would be a serious issue for them. Apparently they have had it for a week and should be coming out of quarantine just fine. So if they got the vaccine, might explain why they handled it apparently better than others of their weight group. If they didn't get the vaccine, I guess not all over weight people have an issue with it.

It seems to be an unpredictable virus at times.

Definitely unpredictable, which is why it’s not worth skipping out on the vaccine. It seems like in most cases, the virus’ severity is greatly reduced in breakthrough cases—there’s always exceptions, though.

24 minutes ago, failos said:

I was dismissing his harmful rhetoric about the vaccine.

He just recently claimed there could be long term effects from it, which is a bunch of FUD. It’s treading into vladdylonglegs conspiracy territory.

He said we do not know the long-term effects. That is not an inaccurate statement. I am a proponent of the vaccine and think that it is wise for most adults to get it. Including Larry!  I’ve always said that it’s about risk assessment on whether you think the affects of Covid or the effects of the vaccine are going to be worse for you. For me I didn’t wanna fuck around getting Covid so I got the vaccine as quickly as I could

24 minutes ago, failos said:

Definitely unpredictable, which is why it’s not worth skipping out on the vaccine. It seems like in most cases, the virus’ severity is greatly reduced in breakthrough cases—there’s always exceptions, though.

A close friend of mine died from it last month. It’s the first person that I was close to to die from it. She had asthma issues but was against the vaccine for the dumbest reason. My last conversation with her was me trying to convince her to get the vaccine. 100% preventable death 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He said we do not know the long-term effects. That is not an inaccurate statement. I am a proponent of the vaccine and think that it is wise for most adults to get it. Including Larry!  I’ve always said that it’s about risk assessment on whether you think the affects of Covid or the effects of the vaccine are going to be worse for you. For me I didn’t wanna fuck around getting Covid so I got the vaccine as quickly as I could

I agree with you—it’s risk management like everything in life.

There is no pure certainty for any medicine. It may very well result in a long term effect, but the components in the vaccine have been rigorously studied. If you are someone who generally has bad reactions to vaccines, then I could see it being a concern.

Otherwise, you risk the long term effects that have been documented from contracting the virus—just look at cals. 

Generally speaking, I think the “There could be long term effects” line is usually parroted by people arguing in bad faith.

8 minutes ago, failos said:

I agree with you—it’s risk management like everything in life.

There is no pure certainty for any medicine. It may very well result in a long term effect, but the components in the vaccine have been rigorously studied. If you are someone who generally has bad reactions to vaccines, then I could see it being a concern.

Otherwise, you risk the long term effects that have been documented from contracting the virus—just look at cals. 

Generally speaking, I think the “There could be long term effects” line is usually parroted by people arguing in bad faith.

You don’t have to convince me. I have no issues with the vaccine. I do have issues with government mandates for it though.  When it come to medicine and your medical health, those decisions should be made between yourself and your doctor. Not everyone needs this vaccine to stay healthy so it’s completely wrong to make someone inject it that doesn’t need it. I feel confident enough in the vaccine’s efficacy in protecting me that I’m not worried about the unvaccinated around me. The bigger dick move is for sick people to go out in public when they are sick. 

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

You don’t have to convince me. I have no issues with the vaccine. I do have issues with government mandates for it though.  When it come to medicine and your medical health, those decisions should be made between yourself and your doctor. Not everyone needs this vaccine to stay healthy so it’s completely wrong to make someone inject it that doesn’t need it. I feel confident enough in the vaccine’s efficacy in protecting me that I’m not worried about the unvaccinated around me. The bigger dick move is for sick people to go out in public when they are sick. 

That’s understandable and I would’ve agreed with you a few months ago, but now I don’t. Mandatory vaccines aren’t exactly a new phenomenon in the United States. For example, you need to have taken certain vaccines in order to enroll in school. I still have my old yellow vaccine card from when I was a kid. And everyone does need the vaccine in order to mitigate the spread and safeguard the immunocompromised. This shit is going to bleed into 2022 with no end in sight.

To your other point, yeah going out in public while being sick is a dick move—but the scary thing, as you know, is that many people unknowingly have the virus and display no symptoms.

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

You’re aware that doing charity is not a unique characteristic of Christians organizations I presume.  I don’t really get what point you’re making here. 

They're talking specifically about Christians and their affinity for charity dude. Since Taylor was arguing that he wishes they did it more. Not complicated.

16 hours ago, cals said:

You understand my entire job is to help people in their time of need?  And it’s often thankless and extremely stressful but every once in a while I get to salvage what someone has left of their life and send them on their way with a little hope?

LMAO

I read it, it’s cute. It reads like he has an agenda and it reads like he wants to be edgy.  It reads like we are politicizing or trying to capitalize on the company’s stance.  Did he ask why some associates wear masks, no.  Why because he wants to give the impression we don’t care about the virus.  As someone who knows exactly what we’ve done, I know it’s utter bullshit. So believe the journalist or the guy that’s worked there 30+ years.  

Just now, cals said:

And INO is so image conscious that any negative publicity or anyone expressing negative opinions are viewed as a threat.  Shit I was practically served with a cease and desist letter last week for expressing an opinion.  Frankly I’m surprised I wasn’t literally served with one.  It’s probably in the mail.

Haha. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I read it, it’s cute. It reads like he has an agenda and it reads like he wants to be edgy.  It reads like we are politicizing or trying to capitalize on the company’s stance.  Did he ask why some associates wear masks, no.  Why because he wants to give the impression we don’t care about the virus.  As someone who knows exactly what we’ve done, I know it’s utter bullshit. So believe the journalist or the guy that’s worked there 30+ years.  

I'm willing to forgive In N Out for being a bunch of anti-vaxxers who endanger the lives of their employees and customers if they add a certain fruit flavored soda to their menu.