• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you guys could have one more player to add to the team...

Torridd

3 hours ago, calscuf said:

Nothing is going to help.  At least according to this guy:

https://sodomojo.com/2019/12/20/mariners-cautionary-tale/

Someone send that guy this story..  https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/28336559/which-mlb-teams-gained-lost-most-wins-offseason

1. Which teams have improved the most?

With that out of the way, here are the five teams that have seen the largest net gains from wins transferred thus far in the offseason: Angels (10.0), Reds (5.2), White Sox (4.9), Marlins (4.9) and Padres (3.8).

2. Which teams have gotten worse?

The five biggest net losers thus far, from bad to worse: Mariners (-4.0), Giants (-4.2), Rays (-5.0), Astros (-5.9) and Nationals (-8.6). That the

3. Which teams have gained the most?

This is different from the label "improved" in this way: It's who has added the most wins, full stop, without accounting for wins lost. The top five: Brewers (23.1), Angels (17.0), Padres (16.5), White Sox (11.4) and Rangers (10.5).

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

Nothing is going to help.  At least according to this guy:

https://sodomojo.com/2019/12/20/mariners-cautionary-tale/

I get the author's point.    Seattle was a good example of how adding a star or two isn't going to turn a whole team around.    Adding Rendon, by itself, won't turn our team around either.      

But...   If we can get the rotation, 1B and C to just middle-of-the-road levels, then I think some really great things can happen in 2020.   IMHO, Teheran and Bundy are nice pick-ups.  Maybe Joe Maddon can work out something at 1B that stops the bleeding there.   But we really need to shore up catching and an additional starter would be a very good idea.   

I'm excited to see opposing pitchers sweat bullets while trying to get through Trout-Rendon-Ohtani.   It'll be even more exciting if the rest of the team has done their jobs and the game is on the line.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

2. Which teams have gotten worse?

The five biggest net losers thus far, from bad to worse: Mariners (-4.0), Giants (-4.2), Rays (-5.0), Astros (-5.9) and Nationals (-8.6). That the

And Seattle already started in the hole because of it's prima dona GM  and his nerd puppet manager  (combined -5.0 WAR).  

8 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

"Sure, adding Rendon to your lineup makes you a better team. Clearly. But what does it truly accomplish?"

When I was a TA in grad school, there was not a day that went by when I did not circle something on a student's paper and write "Did you read this out loud?"

"The Angels are a better team now, but, other than that, what was the point?"

The Angels haven’t had a legitimate 3B since Figgins. Rendon stabilizes  the position that the Angels have no legitimate prospect. The same is true for catcher.