• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryu, Yamaguchi, Donaldson, Bundy, and Castro -- would that be a solid enough off-season?

Angel Oracle

Ryu, Yamaguchi, Donaldson, Bundy, and Castro -- would that be a solid enough off-season?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Ryu, Yamaguchi, Donaldson, Bundy, and Castro -- would that be a solid enough off-season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

9 minutes ago, SoPas Angel said:

If he were five years younger and in shape, he would be a very valuable commodity. I've read rumors that he is looking at 5/150M. That is a hell of a gamble for a 33-year-old guy who hasn't been able to stay healthy, and one I hope the Angels don't take. 

That is waaaay too much, and I would balk at paying that.    4 years/$80 million or 5 years/$100 million is as far as I would go.

Pitchers' salaries are getting to be beyond stupid.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

That is waaaay too much, and I would balk at paying that.    4 years/$80 million or 5 years/$100 million is as far as I would go.

Pitchers' salaries are getting to be beyond stupid.

He's a Boras client, so I'm just assuming he's going to get way too much. 

Ryu - Very good when healthy.  By he's not healthy every other year.  It's almost like he needs a 1 year deal to prove it, in order to get a longer deal.  

Yamaguchi - If that's who you are referring to in the link.  First never pitched in the US.  Second 31.  That's a lot of miles on a Japanese pitcher.  The other weird stat that jumps out, HB.  I think that's hit batter.  And 13 in a season seems like a really high number.  In comparison, Ryu has 13 HBP in his career.  So control issues jump in my mind, and that usually doesn't translate well to the US.

Bundy - he's what he is.  Probably the #5 pitcher.  Nothing wrong as long as your expectations are there.  

So pitching wise, we'd still have a big question mark at #1.  I guess Ohtani and his 50 MLB IP and coming off TJ and once a week pitching would be our #2.  Sadly in this scenario, Bundy would be our #3, just because he can pitch over 100 IP.  Yamaguchi, Heaney, and Canning would fight it out for the #4 and #5 positions.  So our pitching would still be very suspect.

Then you want Donaldson, which a short term deal wouldn't be bad.  And give protection to Trout.

Castro - I guess Starlin.  SS/2B.  He's not a lights out hitter.  So I don't get it.  We have the D in Simmons, who wouldn't be bad if we had players outside of Trout and Ohtani that could hit.  So getting another light hitter to replace a lighter hitter and paying money probably isn't the way to go.  

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Castro - I guess Starlin.  SS/2B.  He's not a lights out hitter.  So I don't get it.  We have the D in Simmons, who wouldn't be bad if we had players outside of Trout and Ohtani that could hit.  So getting another light hitter to replace a lighter hitter and paying money probably isn't the way to go.  

Jason Castro, at C.

19 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Jason Castro, at C.

Oh ok.  Well, would be an upgrade at the C.  But he hasn't played in more than 126 games a season ever.  Last 2 seasons were 79, and 19.  So he'd be a good addition to our injury plagued pitching staff.  They could go on the DL together like a true team.  Other bad thing, his Dwar was -0.2 last season.  Just seems like he is on the steep downhill of his career.

With Ryu, if the Dodgers had faith in him giving them another healthy year, they would have already signed him.

No way to Yamaguchi.  Let the Mariners sign him.

I think the Angels are going to have to trade for a front end starter at this point.  If they only want to go the free agent way, they should sign Keuchel (3 years max) and Teheran.

Then get Rendon. Not Donaldson.