• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fletcher's payroll summary

floplag

12 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I think if the Angels are going to make a real run at the playoffs and try to sign Cole then payroll is going to have to increase substantially. I think payroll next year will need to be north of $200 million. 

I’m willing to bet that Arte believes that paying Trout, Upton, Pujols, Simmons, Cozart and adding Cole at $35M+ per year should be plenty spent to win in 2020. Just those six guys alone add up to more than most franchises spend on their entire payroll. Deep down Arte knows what’s about to happen. 

11 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I’m willing to bet that Arte believes that paying Trout, Upton, Pujols, Simmons, Cozart and adding Cole at $35M+ per year should be plenty spent to win in 2020. Just those six guys alone add up to more than most franchises spend on their entire payroll. Deep down Arte knows what’s about to happen. 

It will take more than just Cole for the Angels to be successful in 2020. They need to add another guy like Wheeler, Ryu or Odorizzi. 

Arte already knows Pujols and Cozart is dead money.. He won't extend Simmons because of his age, so we save money there. Plus we have some infield depth too. Upton will be above average for offensive minded LF's for us. He's so worth all of that contract because of that. 

Or like @VariousCrap said in another thread, use the money that would go to Cole to guys like Wheeler, Odorizzi/Ryu andHamels and say a guy like Tehreran/Miley/Pineda if they're cheap, + a Grandal at catcher.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

It will take more than just Cole for the Angels to be successful in 2020. They need to add another guy like Wheeler, Ryu or Odorizzi. 

Or like @VariousCrap said in another thread, use the money that would go to Cole to guys like Wheeler, Odorizzi/Ryu andHamels and say a guy like Tehreran/Miley/Pineda if they're cheap, + a Grandal at catcher.

What @VariousCrap said makes the most sense. Putting all the money on just Cole is great if he’s all you need. But we know that’s certainly not the case. 

Arte needs to get more bang for his buck because of the number of holes that need to be filled. 

19 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

IF thats all he plans to do, he might as well save the 35M on Cole.

• Chuck locked this topic