• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019-2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

15 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

This just popped up on my Facebook. Russell Wilsons last college game. Ducks won that one as well 

Screenshot_20200102-183536.png

Wilson was fantastic in that game.  

Brandon Weedon got drafted ahead of Wilson that year.  Brock Osweiler.  RG3. Ryan Tannehill got drafted ahead of him.

Ryan Tannehill is having his best season ever.  And he *still* can't sniff Wilson's jock.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Brandon Weedon got drafted ahead of Wilson that year.  Brock Osweiler.  RG3. Ryan Tannehill got drafted ahead of him.

I had rather not think about that draft. The Jaguars drafted Bryan Anger, a punter, ahead of Seattle's pick of Wilson, while they hung onto Blaine Gabbert, one of three failed first round QB picks. They also passed on Lamar Jackson to hang onto Blake Bortles.

8 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I had rather not think about that draft. The Jaguars drafted Bryan Anger, a punter, ahead of Seattle's pick of Wilson, while they hung onto Blaine Gabbert, one of three failed first round QB picks. They also passed on Lamar Jackson to hang onto Blake Bortles.

If only Jason Mendoza could have been singing the praises of Lamar Jackson instead.

17 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Jesus.

How on earth could you watch that Rose Bowl and decide to take a punter?

How can you watch Deshaun Watson destroy the top teams in the country in the CFP, pass on him, to TRADE UP to take Mitchell Trubisky?

25 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Ouch 

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Jesus.

How on earth could you watch that Rose Bowl and decide to take a punter?

Jacksonville's management redefined incompetence in the NFL. You simply don't use a third round pick on a punter. The Jaguars already had two punters on the roster. That was a team with a ton of needs, and punter wasn't one of them. Later fired Coach Mike Mularkey called him "a difference maker". I guess that he knew that there would be a lot of three-and-outs, which there were.

They haven't had a good QB since Mark Brunell, who was taken from the Packers in the expansion draft. They have drafted three QBs in the first round, none of whom made a significant impact: Byron Leftwich, Blaine Gabbert and Blake Bortles. They tried a different approach this time, signing Nick Foles as a free agent. He fractured a collarbone about halfway through the first quarter of the first game of the season.

Tua Tagovailoa to hold joint press conference with Nick Saban on Monday
https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/tua-tagovailoa-to-hold-joint-press-conference-with-nick-saban-on-monday/

With Saban being there, I'm guessing he is going to stay. Unless of course we get one of those awkward Sanchez, Pete Carroll press conferences.

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Tua Tagovailoa to hold joint press conference with Nick Saban on Monday
https://sportsnaut.com/2020/01/tua-tagovailoa-to-hold-joint-press-conference-with-nick-saban-on-monday/

With Saban being there, I'm guessing he is going to stay. Unless of course we get one of those awkward Sanchez, Pete Carroll press conferences.

Or, unlike Carroll, he could actually respect  his player's decision.

27 minutes ago, Lou said:

Maybe. Being there to hype him up, and thank for his time. The talking heads during the Alabama/Michigan game were talking a lot about him coming back depending on his injury timeline.

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Maybe. Being there to hype him up, and thank for his time. The talking heads during the Alabama/Michigan game were talking a lot about him coming back depending on his injury timeline.

Saban has always said that if a guy gets a 1st round grade, he should go pro. 

On 1/3/2020 at 12:29 PM, yk9001 said:

How can you watch Deshaun Watson destroy the top teams in the country in the CFP, pass on him, to TRADE UP to take Mitchell Trubisky?

The Jags also passed on Watson in their vain belief that Bortles was somehow the answer.

This same team who took a punter ahead of the Seahawks' pick of Russell Wilson traded up to take Blaine Gabbert. What I never understood about this was that out of college, the scouting report on Gabbert was that he was an accurate passer from short range, but going deep, his passes were more aiming and hoping. He had tall WRs at Missouri that made his numbers look better by going up and taking balls away from DBs.

23 hours ago, Lou said:

Mora jr. shit on Myles Jack's decision to go pro.  It was disgraceful. 

“He’s taking his chips and shoving them into the middle, and we hope he draws a good hand,” Mora told reporters Tuesday. “I think it’s risky to do this. Having been on that side, there’s going to be a lot of speculation as to what he is and where he fits. And as I told Myles on Sunday, NFL teams are very, very conservative, and if there’s any question whatsoever, they’ll pass on you in a heartbeat. They’re going to take the sure thing … As a guy that spent half of my life in the NFL, I would move with great caution, and I would tell that to all of our players.
“If he played all year, I was thinking that we would [not have him next year], but when you only play in three games and that’s all the tape they have of you your junior year. … I’ve been in 25 draft rooms, and I’ve never seen a guy taken off of that ever. I worry about that for him.”

Thanks a lot, asshole.

It is pathetic that these jackoff coaches making millions off of unpaid labor do anything but support these players' decision to make a living.

19 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The Jags also passed on Watson in their vain belief that Bortles was somehow the answer.

This same team who took a punter ahead of the Seahawks' pick of Russell Wilson traded up to take Blaine Gabbert. What I never understood about this was that out of college, the scouting report on Gabbert was that he was an accurate passer from short range, but going deep, his passes were more aiming and hoping. He had tall WRs at Missouri that made his numbers look better by going up and taking balls away from DBs.

To be fair, that punter looked okay for the Texans on Saturday 😁

7 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Cutting edge analysis just now from the final bowl game of the season, the LendingTree Bowl in Mobile, AL between Louisiana and Miami (OH):

"You can't match touchdowns with field goals."

I can only aspire to such brilliance and cunning grasp of the nuances of the game.

Was booger McFarland calling the game ?