• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FYI Bill Walton is calling the game tonight

IIIII

With his CBB partner on the White Sox broadcast. Something you’ll probably never see again so it’s definitely worth a look.

Long rants to expect:

- Best fish named people on the planet 

- Angels rock formation and all the different types of rocks

- Grateful Dead

- Orange County beaches and Disneyland

13 minutes ago, IIIII said:

With his CBB partner on the White Sox broadcast. Something you’ll probably never see again so it’s definitely worth a look.

Long rants to expect:

- Best fish named people on the planet 

- Angels rock formation and all the different types of rocks

- Grateful Dead

- Orange County beaches and Disneyland

And kareem abdul jabbar. And richard nixon being a fascist.

42 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Why?

Because the White Sox Pbp is one of Walton’s main partners in college basketball. He’s asked him to come on before and Walton finally agreed.

The main color guy took a 4 day break so the White Sox are getting famous people to come on for each game. The Clippers did the same thing with Billy Crystal for a game earlier this year.

I personally think it’s awesome and it would be cool to have a famous Angels fan come on for a game. That or a past player.

22 minutes ago, IIIII said:

I personally think it’s awesome and it would be cool to have a famous Angels fan come on for a game. That or a past player.

Past player would probably be easier to find.

Listening on MLB.tv, Walton is miles better than Hawk Harrelson

He is also more batshit crazy than i remember him being

EDIT: Oh wait now I remember him always being nuts on commentary

EDIT EDIT: Okay after 5 minutes I'm sick of old man batshit crazy Walton and going back to the warming glow of Victor and Gubi

Edited by John Taylor

4 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

This is kind of a sweeping generality,but if you don't like Walton doing games, you don't like life.

It's all tongue in cheek.

This is actually a really good take.  You can’t really take the guy seriously.  I think he basically plays a character these days, no one is that far out there.  He’s like Hudler on shrooms.  

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is actually a really good take.  You can’t really take the guy seriously.  I think he basically plays a character these days, no one is that far out there.  He’s like Hudler on shrooms.  

Back in the day, he 'd call Clipper games with Ralph Lawler, and he would call Benoit Benjamin one of the most dominant players in the league. I loved it.

Edited by yk9001

13 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Back in the day, he 'd call Clipper games with Ralph Lawler, and he would call Benoit Benjamin one of the most dominant players in the league. I loved it.

It’s the equivalent of Gubi talking about Albert’s past accomplishments, it’s just less annoying because we hear him less often.