• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update about Angels Stadium news

Updated story from Bill Shaikin about the situation with the stadium: https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2019-08-14/angels-have-a-third-option-in-their-stadium-search

To summarize, the news talks about how the Angels can really play in the stadium until 2029 until the lease expires. That's the third option. The other two options include a new stadium in Long Beach or a renovated/new stadium in Anaheim. The Angels have until the end of the year to say something.

I'd expect them to remain in Anaheim. I would love to see a plan for a new stadium in Anaheim. That would be pretty neat.

There was an artist rendering that I saw a few years ago about a direction the Angels could go with their current stadium. Obviously it's just a concept, but it looks very nice. 

Angels Stadium concept.jpg

7 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I can tell you with personal knowledge of the situation that the City doesn't expect the Angels to remain in Anaheim. That can change obviously with concessions but as it stands currently, the person directly responsible expects them to leave.

Person directly responsible? How in the world do you know this

19 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I can tell you with personal knowledge of the situation that the City doesn't expect the Angels to remain in Anaheim. That can change obviously with concessions but as it stands currently, the person directly responsible expects them to leave.

Well, my buddy plays Xbox with Scott Kazmir, and he heard that the Angels are going to move to San Clemente.

58 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Updated story from Bill Shaikin about the situation with the stadium: https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2019-08-14/angels-have-a-third-option-in-their-stadium-search

To summarize, the news talks about how the Angels can really play in the stadium until 2029 until the lease expires. That's the third option. The other two options include a new stadium in Long Beach or a renovated/new stadium in Anaheim. The Angels have until the end of the year to say something.

I'd expect them to remain in Anaheim. I would love to see a plan for a new stadium in Anaheim. That would be pretty neat.

There was an artist rendering that I saw a few years ago about a direction the Angels could go with their current stadium. Obviously it's just a concept, but it looks very nice. 

Angels Stadium concept.jpg

As long as they keep their dirty mitts off the Del Taco on State College Blvd I support this ridiculously overdone artist rendering....

26 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Person directly responsible? How in the world do you know this

I do the insurance for the City and have regular contact with the City manager and who controls all of the funds and anticipated budget. There are already budget figures out excluding the stadium and authority from the City. I work with every City and County in California...

12 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

As long as they keep their dirty mitts off the Del Taco on State College Blvd I support this ridiculously overdone artist rendering....

The rendering is super ridiculous lol they couldn’t make a rendering a little more realistic and with better graphics ? It’s 2019 for Christ’s sake.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I do the insurance for the City and have regular contact with the City manager and who controls all of the funds and anticipated budget. There are already budget figures out excluding the stadium and authority from the City. I work with every City and County in California...

So you think we're going to Long Beach?

28 minutes ago, TroutField said:

The rendering is super ridiculous lol they couldn’t make a rendering a little more realistic and with better graphics ? It’s 2019 for Christ’s sake.

I think the reason why that renering looks like that is that it was done in the early century.  Arte has been floating the big center for over a decade now.  If he had the money and backing, he would have done it by now and extended his lease.  Instead we have what we have now.

Get ready for the Las Vegas Angels of Summerland.  Only area that is still giving funny money out.

50 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

Deniz, is that you?

EDIT: Oh wait, Deniz's spot was the Carl's Jr. off Katella.

Reagins, is that you?

Edited by Taylor

51 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Responsible managers plan for all possible outcomes.  The fact that they have budget plans that exclude the stadium does not mean they expect any particular outcome.  It just means they are not idiots.