• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Strasburg

wopphil

He isnt discussed on here much, but he can opt out of his contract after this year. Given that he has "only" 4/100 remaining, and given the season he is having, the odds are pretty good he opts out.

Are we interested? The talent is undeniable, albeit with an injury history. He is every bit as good as Cole, and is from SoCal.  

28 minutes ago, wopphil said:

He isnt discussed on here much, but he can opt out of his contract after this year. Given that he has "only" 4/100 remaining, and given the season he is having, the odds are pretty good he opts out.

Are we interested? The talent is undeniable, albeit with an injury history. He is every bit as good as Cole, and is from SoCal.  

If there's a guy I worry about breaking down soon, he's it.  He's a stud though.  

and he's from California ?

It's weird, it doesn't seem that long ago that Strasburg was a young stud who needed his innings limited and it just blew my mind to find out he is 31 already. I seriously thought he was Trout's age. Maybe it's a Mandela effect and a few of us exist in a universe where Stephen Strasburg is 28, lol

1 hour ago, John Taylor said:

It's weird, it doesn't seem that long ago that Strasburg was a young stud who needed his innings limited and it just blew my mind to find out he is 31 already. I seriously thought he was Trout's age. Maybe it's a Mandela effect and a few of us exist in a universe where Stephen Strasburg is 28, lol

Same here. Feels like he, trout and harper all came up together.

But i guess when you factor in he came out of college it makes more sense.

4 hours ago, wopphil said:

At his age, I don’t see him getting more than 4/100 on the open market. So unless he really dislikes Washington, I’m skeptical he opts out. 

How about a sign and trade?

Strasberg chooses the Angels.  But I don’t know that the Angels would want to go more than what is already owed to Strasberg.  So how about Washington accommodates Strasberg and signs him to a new deal for same terms (4/100) but that gives him a $20m signing bonus and then trades him to the Angels.

Strasberg ends up in CA and gets an additional $20m.

Angels get Strasberg at 4/100.

Washington saves $80m and gets something in the trade to offset the $20m they paid out.

Pick at a detail if you like just saying I could see a team preferring to pay out a $20m bonus to get out of what remains on a contract.

Obviously the team escaping the money would be a team in decline and I don’t think Washington is in that mode, but the concept could work if it was the right player and the right teams.

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Get Strasburg, Get Cole, Get Bumgarner.

F*ck the payroll we goin apeshit

If they actually did that how big would the payroll be in 2021, like around 240 mil? The Trout extension kicks in that year and the overall payroll would be even higher if Simmons is extended. But by 2023 58 million comes off with Pujols and Upton deals expired