• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UK Trout Pron

In this age of bling and narcissism-fueled selfies, Trout is an anti-celebrity and I love him more for it. The fact that he doesn't give two shits about the limelight is a positive feature of his personality, not a flaw. 

I've said this before, but in the 90s I remember being jealous of the Mariners--who had not one but two homegrown generational superstars--and thinking, "I wish we could have a guy like that someday." It took a few years, but here we are.

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

In this age of bling and narcissism-fueled selfies, Trout is an anti-celebrity and I love him more for it. The fact that he doesn't give two shits about the limelight is a positive feature of his personality, not a flaw. 

I've said this before, but in the 90s I remember being jealous of the Mariners--who had not one but two homegrown generational superstars--and thinking, "I wish we could have a guy like that someday." It took a few years, but here we are.

Add ohtani and you almost have a griffey/arod situation.

47 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Sort of cool reading a perspective that is not overly familiar with baseball.  This writer did a good job figuring out what was what and relying it to the readers. 

He had such a solid grasp on the game, I'd be surprised if he wasn't already a fan of baseball. If he had little prior knowledge, he did an incredible job learning. Either way, a fantastic article by a fantastic journalist.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Add ohtani and you almost have a griffey/arod situation.

I think we DO, or at least should, if Ohtani fulfills some of his potential.

A-Rod is a bit underrated historically at this point, probably because most people remember the tail off of his career, which was also colored by his steroid usage. But it is easy to forget that he was a perennial MVP candidate for over a decade and he's 13th all-time in fWAR.

Right now Trout > A-Rod > Griffey > Ohtani. But we really need to check back with this in a few years, to see how Ohtani develops.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Sort of cool reading a perspective that is not overly familiar with baseball.  This writer did a good job figuring out what was what and relaying it to the readers. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

He had such a solid grasp on the game, I'd be surprised if he wasn't already a fan of baseball. If he had little prior knowledge, he did an incredible job learning. Either way, a fantastic article by a fantastic journalist.

He's American.

https://www.marathi.tv/political-analyst/anthony-zurcher/

Taylor Ward, a writer who covers the Angels, did his own informal survey at a local OC coffee shop this morning. The results were not good there, either. Only about 40% of the baseball fans he interviewed knew who Trout was. He did a podcast about it which you can access through his twitter account @TaylorBlakeWard.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

Taylor Ward, a writer who covers the Angels, did his own informal survey at a local OC coffee shop this morning. The results were not good there, either. Only about 40% of the baseball fans he interviewed knew who Trout was. He did a podcast about it which you can access through his twitter account @TaylorBlakeWard.

If you don't know who Trout is, you're not a baseball fan.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If you don't know who Trout is, you're not a baseball fan.

right? 

at the all star game every year there are a couple of fringe players I don't know or haven't heard of. it happens. but how is it baseball fans don't know who trout is? two time mvp and runner up 3 or 4 times. he's on espn a lot and mlb network frequently. you'd think that would be enough.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

right? 

at the all star game every year there are a couple of fringe players I don't know or haven't heard of. it happens. but how is it baseball fans don't know who trout is? two time mvp and runner up 3 or 4 times. he's on espn a lot and mlb network frequently. you'd think that would be enough.

If this were four or five years ago, I'd be a little less judgmental. But even casual fans know who Trout is by now. But a "baseball fan" in OC who has never heard of Trout in 2019 ... maybe their kids play little league, and that's why they call themselves baseball fans.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

If this were four or five years ago, I'd be a little less judgmental. But even casual fans know who Trout is by now. But a "baseball fan" in OC who has never heard of Trout in 2019 ... maybe their kids play little league, and that's why they call themselves baseball fans.

I think this is the same brand of fan as those who say "i approve of our government", but cant name anyone aside from whatever current president is in office