Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

A's are cheaters


red321

Recommended Posts

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/06/21/as-pitcher-frankie-montas-suspended-80-games-for-peds/

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced this afternoon that Oakland Athletics pitcher Frankie Montas has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Ostarine, a performance-enhancing substance, in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The 80-game suspension of Montas is effective immediately.

Montas has been the A’s most effective pitcher this season by far, posting a record of 9-2 with a 2.70 ERA and a K/BB ratio of 97/21 in 90 innings across 15 starts. This is a major blow to the A’s, who are currently a game out in the Wild Card race.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"While I never intended to take any prohibited substance, I unfortunately and unknowingly ingested a contaminated supplement that I had purchased over the counter at a nutrition store here in the United States,"

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/as-starter-frankie-montas-suspended-for-80-games-for-positive-ped-test-in-midst-of-breakout-year/

Ostarine....    

What is ostarine?

Ostarine is the trademarked name for a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) that is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country. In recent years, WADA has reported an increasing number of positive tests involving SARMs, and athletes who use these substances most likely obtain them through black market channels.

Research has shown that SARMs like ostarine have fewer androgenic properties, meaning they have less influence on the development and balance of male hormones, including testosterone. While they are not yet approved for human use, SARMs are of interest to the medical community because they might be effective at treating different health conditions without resulting in the negative side effects of steroids. Ostarine is currently being investigated as a way to treat a variety of muscle wasting diseases, such as osteoporosis, cancer, and hypogonadism.

Is ostarine prohibited in sport?

Yes, ostarine is prohibited at all times under the S1 Anabolic Agent category of the WADA Prohibited List. The number of positive tests involving ostarine has increased steadily over the past few years, with WADA reporting 28 globally in 2015.

 

Do everyday products contain ostarine?

There are in fact products that contain ostarine, but only illegal ones. Given that ostarine is not approved for human use or consumption in the U.S., or in any other country, there are no legal medications that contain ostarine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, red321 said:

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/06/21/as-pitcher-frankie-montas-suspended-80-games-for-peds/

The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced this afternoon that Oakland Athletics pitcher Frankie Montas has received an 80-game suspension without pay after testing positive for Ostarine, a performance-enhancing substance, in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The 80-game suspension of Montas is effective immediately.

Montas has been the A’s most effective pitcher this season by far, posting a record of 9-2 with a 2.70 ERA and a K/BB ratio of 97/21 in 90 innings across 15 starts. This is a major blow to the A’s, who are currently a game out in the Wild Card race.

Whats funny is that great A's team of the 1980s was full of drug use. Guess things have not changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

“I didn’t know I took it” is the traditional cop out. Wish he’d be called out showing that nothing OTC contains this unless he’s shopping in some alley. 

I think what he’s trying to use is the fact that the supplement industry is unregulated and you truly have no idea what you’re using unless you lab test every jar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I think what he’s trying to use is the fact that the supplement industry is unregulated and you truly have no idea what you’re using unless you lab test every jar

He should list all of the "supplements" he took then. That way every other player knows what not to take. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

The point is that what’s on the label isn’t necessarily what’s in the package. The FDA doesn’t regulate supplements 

I know. Obviously, whatever he took didn't list it on the label, meaning whatever he took can't be trusted. List them and remove all doubt for the others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I think what he’s trying to use is the fact that the supplement industry is unregulated and you truly have no idea what you’re using unless you lab test every jar

That's just it though... It's highly unlikely he picked it up at GNC or someplace like that.   He likely went looking for stuff on the net.  Either way he knows the risks and what's at stake.   The guys that use this line never disclose the actual product... That to me is always suspect.

Edited by Inside Pitch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's just it though... It's highly unlikely he picked it up at GNC or someplace like that.   He likely went looking for stuff on the net.  Either way he knows the risks and what's at stake.   The guys that use this line never disclose the actual product... That to me is always suspect.

Exactly. That's why I said he should publish the list. He won't, because he's full of shit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's just it though... It's highly unlikely he picked it up at GNC or someplace like that.   He likely went looking for stuff on the net.  Either way he knows the risks and what's at stake.   The guys that use this line never disclose the actual product... That to me is always suspect.

I’m not trying to defend him. Just making my interpretation of his statement 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

That's just it though... It's highly unlikely he picked it up at GNC or someplace like that.   He likely went looking for stuff on the net.  Either way he knows the risks and what's at stake.   The guys that use this line never disclose the actual product... That to me is always suspect.

This is an illegal substance to use on humans, you are not finding it on "the net". It is one of those, your trainer in the DR knows a guy and he want cash only. He knew he was breaking the rules and the law for aquiring a banned substance, not just banned from baseball but also from any legal market place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

I’m not trying to defend him. Just making my interpretation of his statement 

No I understand, and you're right about the supplements being iffy.   But even guys like us know it, it's hard to believe someone with so much at stake doesnt, or would take the risks...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...