• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I went to the game at Wrigley today

nate

46 minutes ago, nate said:

You sit in stop and go traffic on surface streets for more than an hour just to get there.  The streets are riddled with potholes, narrow, and irritating.

How can anyone stand living in such a crowded city.

I'm guessing it's like New York where most people take public transportation.

I don't know but the scoreboard situation was also stupid.  You have to look four different places to piece together what is going on.  Balls, strikes, outs in one spot, score in another, hits/errors and inning in another.

Wrigley is a nostalgic old stadium.  A lot like Fenway Park.  You should know what to expect when you go there.

I've been to almost every stadium in MLB, and of all the "old" stadiums, Wrigley was the best.  I actually liked walking around Wrigleyville and hitting the pubs in the area.

For the record, Angel Stadium is an "old" stadium also.  While it has it's charm, it's pretty old also when compared to Petco, PNC Park, Oracle Park in San Francisco and those stadiums are pretty fun.

I would have suggested taking the train in to Wrigley and avoiding the traffic.  

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

For the record, Angel Stadium is an "old" stadium also.  While it has it's charm, it's pretty old also when compared to Petco, PNC Park, Oracle Park in San Francisco and those stadiums are pretty fun.

Thanks, grandpa.  We had no idea. 

I loved Wrigley.  Grew up watching only the Cubs on WGN or the Braves on TNT.  I went a few years back and it was HOT.  Sat in the left field bleacher seats and drank way too many frozen margaritas.  Roy Halladay was on the bump for the Phillies that day and was taken out early due to the 'heat'.  They should've taken me out for the 'heat' too.  It was all about the nostalgia for me.  I wasn't looking for all the amenities, just a day game in a historical stadium that I grew up watching Cubs baseball and listening to Harry Carey.  It was a bucket-list item for me.  Glad you hated it Nate!  haha.  

On 6/3/2019 at 6:55 PM, nate said:

Shitty stadium, shitty location, shitty city and the Angels were shitty.  Not worth the five hours to drive there and back.

Thought you all would be interested in my review.

fred armisen television GIF

23 hours ago, nate said:

I don't know but the scoreboard situation was also stupid.  You have to look four different places to piece together what is going on.  Balls, strikes, outs in one spot, score in another, hits/errors and inning in another.

That is kinda dumb. The side ribbon boards have the score but on the outfield scoreboards it’s just on that little teeny line score on the manual scoreboard, and they don’t even add it up for you. 

Seriously though I went to Fenway Park, once.

To see a Police concert.

It was a great day, going around Boston, eating and drinking.

I sat at the bar where Daniel Webster sat every day and drink his brandy and eat oysters.

Yep.