• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Miguel Cabrera

Let me get this straight, to get Cabrera, we would have had to trade: one of two pitchers (or both) who are no longer Angels, a pitching prospect who would still be alive, an infield prospect who is no longer in the game, and a catcher who is no longer an Angel?

Or another combination of some of the above with one of our middle infielders, who would eventually have been replaced by Maicer Izturis (who probably would have been re-signed)?

And this DIDN'T get done?

****ing Reagins. Honestly.

I was all for trading whoever for Cabrera. He and Vlad would have been awesome. 

Cabrera is easily the best player in the game when he's in the batter's box. Otherwise, he's mediocre at best. That said, his bat makes up for everything else and then some. 

Normally I don't really care about non halo players, but what he's doing is pretty impressive

last 4 games 9-15, 6hrs 13rbi, 5 walks.  yeesh. 

I'll never like him..but's having the best season of anyone so far (offensively, at least).

Chris Davis is pressing him some, though.

Back when that deal was going to be made Kendrick and Wood were both our future for the infield along with Aybar, that's back when we thought Wood was going to be the next Glaus and Kendrick was going to win batting titles. That's like making a trade today for a really good, young hitter but giving up your 4 best prospects. Those trades are hard to do. Of course looking back on it we wish it would have gone down. I wish the Haren trade didn't happen, the Pujols and Hamilton signings never happened, us to have signed Matt Harvey when we drafted him etc, etc....hindsight is always 20/20

Back when that deal was going to be made Kendrick and Wood were both our future for the infield along with Aybar, that's back when we thought Wood was going to be the next Glaus and Kendrick was going to win batting titles. That's like making a trade today for a really good, young hitter but giving up your 4 best prospects. Those trades are hard to do. Of course looking back on it we wish it would have gone down. I wish the Haren trade didn't happen, the Pujols and Hamilton signings never happened, us to have signed Matt Harvey when we drafted him etc, etc....hindsight is always 20/20

My brother and I discussed this today and he said the same thing. If we had traded away Wood, Kendrick and Adenhart at that time then fans would have gone completely ballistic. Sounds like a no-brainer in retrospect, but at the time it seemed like it would have been suicide.

One thing to keep in mind in failing to trade for cabrerra is that he was also a pending free agent. Yes, detroit ended up locking him up (quickly), but at the time it looked like a very steep price for someone who could walk in a year.

Consider how many of us are pissed at corbin and skaggs for haren, or segura for grienke. If Haren was still here and was vintage Haren, we'd be fine with it. If Grienke stayed we'd be good. But if we lost santana, howie and whoever and cabrera left...

Hindsight is always 20/20. Cabrera (even back then) was one of those players that you are willing to give up a lot for. But the price and the free agency variable makes it easy to understand why the FO was hesitant. I may be confusing that rumor with someone else, but wasn't there some prelim deal already in place, and the marlins changed their mind and asked for more, and arte got pissed and walked away?