• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Twins @ Angels (5/21/2019, Ohtani batting 3rd, Rengifo @ 2nd, Fletcher @ SS)

23 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Man this is just fucked up, pitching is crap, starter goes 6 greT innings and the heard of crap comes in and shits the place up. They should send all there asses to the minors and call up players from there who would probably be better then what is up here.

Something tells me you didn't watch the game 

19 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Trade them all(instead of Pujols who is dead weight) and bring up the young guys from this amazing farm people here keep going on and on about.

Which minor leaguer would have more success?

Having a very good farm system doesn't mean they are ready to produce at the major league level 

50 minutes ago, Lou said:

Which minor leaguer would have more success?

Having a very good farm system doesn't mean they are ready to produce at the major league level 

I don't know this amazing farm as well as others here. Trade these guys while they are doing well and when you can get the most for them. Make the team even better for 2020. Maybe Eppler can get some competent starting pitching.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

I don't know this amazing farm as well as others here. Trade these guys while they are doing well and when you can get the most for them. Make the team even better for 2020. Maybe Eppler can get some competent starting pitching.

Other than you, who has said our farm is "amazing"?

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

This is Dipoto thinking.

Quiter. 

Transitional year with younger players means inconsistent results.  That is the reality of sports.  Just wait for when more of the prospects are introduced into the lineup.  The roller coaster ride will truly begin after the youngsters start playing regularly..

I hope Cahill and Harvey keeps pitching well so Eppler can trade them for some talent when the time comes.

Edited by eligrba

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Other than you, who has said our farm is "amazing"?

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

No one.  

This is my bad. The way the farm is talked about here, I assumed it was amazing. I remember reading posts that stated it was or can be top 10. I just did some research and sure enough, the system is ranked around 20. What's even more concerning is the Astros are in the top 10. That means that they are dominating right now and should continue to dominate for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Give me a Facking break.  One guy in that group is old.  

Goodwin is the youngest of the bunch but I was referring to old as in not a 22 year old. This teams rotation sucks. They need a lot of help. I would think the guys I mentioned minus Pujols could get some good starting pitching or at least bump up the farm to approach top 10 and prospects could replace them.

It certainly seems like the Astros are going to dominate The Division for years to come and the Angels will only be hoping for a wild card or second wild-card during that time. Again, I'm just tired of losing. Angels lose, Lakers lose and my Redskins lose. It sucks. At least my Penguins win though at least. 1 out of 4 teams with competent ownership. 

23 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

This is my bad. The way the farm is talked about here, I assumed it was amazing. I remember reading posts that stated it was or can be top 10. I just did some research and sure enough, the system is ranked around 20. What's even more concerning is the Astros are in the top 10. That means that they are dominating right now and should continue to dominate for the foreseeable future.

Goodwin is the youngest of the bunch but I was referring to old as in not a 22 year old. This teams rotation sucks. They need a lot of help. I would think the guys I mentioned minus Pujols could get some good starting pitching or at least bump up the farm to approach top 10 and prospects could replace them.

It certainly seems like the Astros are going to dominate The Division for years to come and the Angels will only be hoping for a wild card or second wild-card during that time. Again, I'm just tired of losing. Angels lose, Lakers lose and my Redskins lose. It sucks. At least my Penguins win though at least. 1 out of 4 teams with competent ownership. 

Do more research on the farm.  Most have us 10-15.   Keith Law the one who in 2015 claimed we had the worst farm system of all time has us ranked 7th.  Now you might think I’m being a super fan paying attention to the Keith Law ranking.   My point isn’t that we are 7th in his eyes, it’s the fact that he has no bias one way or another, he used to think we were the worst, now he thinks we are well within the top ten.  So yea.   

As for the “they aren’t 22 years old”, how many teams have a bunch of 22 year olds on the major league roster?  Also I’m in favor of trading those guys this year, guess what they won’t get for them?  22 year old major league pitchers.  

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Do more research on the farm.  Most have us 10-15.   Keith Law the one who in 2015 claimed we had the worst farm system of all time has us ranked 7th.  Now you might think I’m being a super fan paying attention to the Keith Law ranking.   My point isn’t that we are 7th in his eyes, it’s the fact that he has no bias one way or another, he used to think we were the worst, now he thinks we are well within the top ten.  So yea.   

As for the “they aren’t 22 years old”, how many teams have a bunch of 22 year olds on the major league roster?  Also I’m in favor of trading those guys this year, guess what they won’t get for them?  22 year old major league pitchers.  

Not top 10

https://www.mlb.com/news/top-10-farm-systems-in-mlb

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820145-mlb-farm-system-rankings-pre-2019-spring-training-edition

http://clubhousecorner.com/2019/02/10/ranking-mlb-farm-systems/

I don't know how to read this one and it's from Nov of last year

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/post-2018-farm-system-rankings/

That's all I could find.

The Keith Law ranking is for paid members so I couldn't see it. He has the Angels ranked WAY higher than the links I just listed. Let's say he is the right one though, it means the Angels have plenty of talent to add to the Major League roster and you could argue that 7th is amazing or at the least, very good.. BTW, how do you know the Angels can't get a 22 year old pitcher for those guys? They got a 20 year old Heaney for Kendrick. I am sure there are more examples. If LaStella and the other guys continue to hit like they are, the Angels definitely could get some good arms in return.

This is all a moot point though since Arte has shown he won't even do a semi rebuild. It's a FLAWED philosophy and the definition of insanity. The right thing to do is to trade away all the guys I mentioned and even more and shoot for next year(Like they should have done in 2016, 2017 but I've mentioned this too many times). They need all the ammo they can get to compete with the Astros. They have the best player in the game and have for awhile now and have NOTHING to show for it. The Astros did the right thing and stunk for years and now their future looks amazing. I think they are the best team in baseball and the World Series favorite. Their farm is ranked top 10 from all those sites I listed. Not sure what Keith Law ranks them but I bet you it's in the top 10.

If the Angels don't care about winning the division for years(or don't think they could if they tried)they should be doing everything they can to be the favorite for the wild card at least and they aren't even doing that. This year is done. They are not going to win the world series or even make the playoffs. They should be playing for next year and see what these young farm guys can do. Knowing Arte's history though, none of that will happen.