• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday 5/15 Angels @ Twins (Walsh debut)

5 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Do something about the starting pitching, and things will definitely improve.

But will they?  They could have signed Gio Gonzalez. They still could sign Keuchel. 

I have a feeling they're going to stand pat.

4 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

This type of game was the barometer to see where the Angels really are as a team this year.

Yes, the offense is hitting the ball in the series.  But there are still issues hitting with RISP.  The key hits aren't there against quality pitching.  

Starting pitching, aside from the first game in the series, has been bad to awful.  Again, this is magnified against good teams.

Now, we have to factor in horrible in-game management.  That was a factor that was magnified last night.  Just another thing to worry about.

While there are some good things to take from this series, the reality is this series picked the scabs and they are bleeding still

If not mistaken, didnt our offense excel against the Twins.  They dont have quality starting pitching?

Our biggest problem is our starting pitching!

Our best pitcher is a rookie, 2nd best pitcher gies from being an ace to a dog in an inconsistent basis.   Our #3 pitcher cant even start a game.  The bectvtwo pitchers (who were supposed to be our best) flat out suck!

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

If not mistaken, didnt our offense excel against the Twins.  They dont have quality starting pitching? 

I don't think you read that entire statement.  My ENTIRE statement said "Yes, the offense is hitting the ball in the series.  But there are still issues hitting with RISP.  The key hits aren't there against quality pitching."

This statement was made viewing the Angels as a team for this entire season, not just for the Twins series.  Re-read my first sentence in the statement.  I will also stand by the statement that while the Angels scored 7 runs today, they were also 0-12 with RISP for the first 7 innings.

I agree that the starting pitching has stunk.  I stated that.

I didn't intend this post to be the barometer for the Twins series, and if it was taken that way, I should have phrased it better, I suppose.  My post was more for the entire season as a whole.