• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Michael Bourn pulls a Mike Trout

You can't have an error and a HR on the same play. If it goes over the fence before touching the playing surface it's a home run, even if it touched a wall or a fielder first.

Which is why Errors and many times lack of errors are more and more of a joke stat.  Especially in the outfield.  

Yeah, I never quite understood that rule. I almost feel like the same rule should apply as a normal ball that goes off the glove. If you dive/jump for the ball and drop it, it's not error. So if you're attempting to rob the HR by jumping over the fence, or at least jump at the fence, and goes over, then its naturally a HR.

Just seems odd to punish the pitcher, when some one is standing at the wall, and is holding his glove at chest or eye level and the ball bounces out of his glove five feet in the air and goes over the wall and the player gets credit for a HR.

I'm not sure how they could make a ruling like this but that should be ruled an error as well. The pitcher shouldn't get the blame for someone letting a ball that's in the yard hit his glove and go over. 

Why not? Pitchers are charged with things that happen after they leave a game.