• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Mariners @ Angels 4/21/2019 (Pujols Out)

9 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Attendance 34,155

Who exactly do they think they are kidding at this point?

I thought an anthrax threat had been announced to the crowd when I saw the stands.

When will people understand that announced attendance is paid attendance not actually those at the games.

39 minutes ago, stormngt said:

When will people understand that announced attendance is paid attendance not actually those at the games.

My point still stands.

I don't think that, year after year, people continue to buy tickets and continue to not show up to games.

The Angels lie about the paid attendance like saying an Angels pitcher is suffering from dehydration.

9 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

My point still stands.

I don't think that, year after year, people continue to buy tickets and continue to not show up to games.

The Angels lie about the paid attendance like saying an Angels pitcher is suffering from dehydration.

Lol what motive do they have for lying?

And their policy of announcing paid attendance is the same used for all sports venues (or at least the ones I have personal experience in)

12 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

There weren't 20,000 people in the stands.

Sorry, 14,000 people didn't buy tickets and decide not to show.

You do realize major sporting events are tickets bought by major corporations to be given to clients and are often unused.  This practice is also a tax writeoff.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

You do realize major sporting events are tickets bought by major corporations to be given to clients and are often unused.  This practice is also a tax writeoff.

check up on your tax law:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-partys-over-businesses-cant-write-off-entertainment-expenses-under-new-tax-law-2018-02-08

Businesses will be impacted in a number of ways this year under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which lowers individual and corporate tax rates, among other revisions. Starting in 2018, the costs of entertainment expenses will no longer be deductible.

27 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-partys-over-businesses-cant-write-off-entertainment-expenses-under-new-tax-law-2018-02-08

Businesses will be impacted in a number of ways this year under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which lowers individual and corporate tax rates, among other revisions. Starting in 2018, the costs of entertainment expenses will no longer be deductible.

but do the Angels really qualify as entertainment?

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

write off. Sorry I didnt take into account the 2018 tax law.  Can you quick bullshitting and tell me what motive does the Angel's have to lie about attendance?

31 minutes ago, stormngt said:

write off. Sorry I didnt take into account the 2018 tax law.  Can you quick bullshitting and tell me what motive does the Angel's have to lie about attendance?

First off, this organization lies as a habit.  A pitcher's arm is practically falling off, and they call it 'dehydration'.  Scioscia lied like a rug in every post game presser for 19 years.  They lied when they kept Trout in the minors (to keep his arb rights for an extra year).

Why are they lying here?  Who knows?  Maybe they have certain sponsorship fees they get when "paid attendance' is 3,000,000 plus a season.  Maybe they want to keep a streak of 3,000,000 plus years, not unlike the Washington Redskins claimed sellouts for decades, and a 'waiting list' for decades.  An ego thing.

I don't think there are 10-15 thousand ticket buyers out there, game after game, season after season, buying tickets, and sitting home.  No way, no how.

23 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

First off, this organization lies as a habit.  A pitcher's arm is practically falling off, and they call it 'dehydration'.  Scioscia lied like a rug in every post game presser for 19 years.  They lied when they kept Trout in the minors (to keep his arb rights for an extra year).

Why are they lying here?  Who knows?  Maybe they have certain sponsorship fees they get when "paid attendance' is 3,000,000 plus a season.  Maybe they want to keep a streak of 3,000,000 plus years, not unlike the Washington Redskins claimed sellouts for decades, and a 'waiting list' for decades.  An ego thing.

I don't think there are 10-15 thousand ticket buyers out there, game after game, season after season, buying tickets, and sitting home.  No way, no how.

They didn't lie about the name change though...  

I had a boss, who had season tickets to all Staples sport events (Clippers. Lakers and Kings) from 2004 top 2010. He would go to one or two games a month. Gave tickets to me and a few others. but many would end up in the trash. hard to believe, but its true. Rich people do stupid things, that we could never dream on doing.