• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USC (and more)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It's nice that the OP is a well thought out, finely written post with facts and back up.

Everything we could expect from a Cal grad.

Yes, but not as nice as you having avoided the news entirely thus far today. I'm happy that you're either on vacation or were able to sleep in so late. You're a good guy and you deserve this. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Soccer? Oh... I thought it could be something important.

Actually, I think it's UCLA's coach.

There are several at USC though.

Multiple prominent members of the USC Trojans athletic department have been indicted in a far-reaching college admissions scandal ... where they allegedly took bribes to help students gain admission. 

USC senior associate athletic director Dr. Donna Heinel, ex-USC women's head soccer coachAli Khosroshahin and ex-assistant soccer coach Laura Janke are all named ... as well as current USC men's water polo head coach Jovan Vavic. 

Vavic -- a 13-time national coach of the year -- has 14 national titles under his belt during his tenure at the University of Southern California. 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/12/usc-ucla-coaches-named-in-college-admissions-scandal/

12 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Yes, but not as nice as you having avoided the news entirely thus far today. I'm happy that you're either on vacation or were able to sleep in so late. You're a good guy and you deserve this. 

Really haven't been at my computer much.  Looked at the sports page on MSN after I saw your post, didn't see anything about it.  I did see the larger story though.

Wealthy people using their money to bring undue influence to benefit themselves and their children.  Super shocking.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Jack Singer, the ringleader who took the money and set up the fake profiles and altered test scores, has apparently told the feds he dealt with over 800 parents. Only 50 have been arrested so far. He's fully cooperating with the prosecutors as he's facing many decades in prison.

This investigation has been developing for five years. 

20 hours ago, Lou said:

southern cal has been such a f'n dumpster fire over the last few years that they have become the poster child for low-hanging fruit. 

it's like making fun of Wonk for making stupid comments on AW 

You're right.  This is the result of a lack of leadership.  Steven Sample must be rolling in his grave.  If you will allow, I will rant;

In my opinion, this is all the result of Max Nikias.  He was in charge of compliance when the Bush shit went down.  He got a promotion to President after Sample retired.

His focus was fundraising.  If you earned, you were golden.  He turned a blind eye to the dean of Keck and his misdeeds...because he was a fundraiser.  He turned a blind eye to the POS campus Gyno

I read a report that said these "bribes" didn't go to the coaches, that they were passed off as "contributions" to USC Athletics (probably got a tax deduction as well). 

The fish rots from the head down.  It's time to clean house.  The BOT needs to probably get turned over.  Administration needs to get turned over.  Heritage Hall needs to get fumigated. 

I hope this tarnishes the "legacy" of Max Nikias and hope he goes away forever.

This is unacceptable