• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USC (and more)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

What a wild story. 

College admissions has been a black market for ages though. 

I must not expect much of people because a story like this doesn't surprise me.  People with money using it to give their children an unfair advantage?  That's been going on since the dawn of time and it won't ever change.  I do find it hilarious that some people spent like $500K just to get their kid into a certain school which is mostly an ego stroke for them so they can tell their friends their kid goes to _____.  I'm guessing some of the kids don't give a crap and probably end up partying while majoring in underwater basket weaving.  

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/03/226806/college-cheating-scandal-crazy-details-twitter

Olivia Jade, daughter or Lori Loughlin, once faced backlash after dismissing college.

“I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend, but I’m gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone and hope that I can try and balance it all,” Olivia said in an August 2018 YouTube video. "I do want the experience of like game days, partying. I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.”

I think it’s funny how they photoshopped the full house chicks daughters head into crew pictures.  Pretty bird brained. 

Anyway, rich people doing stuff to unfairly tip the scales their way ? Shocking. 

Also back in the day that full house chick was ?  Still looks great for her age. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it’s funny how they photoshopped the full house chicks daughters head into crew pictures.  Pretty bird brained. 

Anyway, rich people doing stuff to unfairly tip the scales their way ? Shocking. 

Also back in the day that full house chick was ?  Still looks great for her age. 

Image result for felicity huffman photoshop

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hallmark-channel-cuts-ties-to-lori-loughlin/ar-BBUMv9Y?li=BBnbfcL

Hollywood being completely hypocritical.  

These folks are acting like rich people using their money to get over is something new when that is the foundation of Hollywood.

Also, if this was George Clooney I bet the reaction would be completely different.

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

if schools are fighting over his children, why does he need to pay a college consulting firm? 

Probably to do the homework that he should have done.  But just looking at her online credentials, they are quite impressive.  So it wouldn't surprise me if she got acceptance offers from multiple colleges that they needed help on to decide which would be a best fit.  In the end though, they wasted their money when you look at #5 of the article.  But hey, if that's what she wants, good for her.  Tits has the money.

https://heavy.com/sports/2017/06/phil-mickelson-daughter-amanda-brown-university/

I wonder how much of a difference it truly makes to say on your resume that you went to Duke or Yale over Morehead State or Long Beach State. I’m sure in some fields it matters quite a bit, but I can’t believe in matters acrosss the board in every occupation. I think it’s possible a big name school often says “my parents have money” more than anything else. There are a plethora of schools that provide a good, solid education that prepares you for the real world (that’s right, el guapo).

maybe I’m just an old man who’s rambling on.