• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USC (and more)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Probably to do the homework that he should have done.  But just looking at her online credentials, they are quite impressive.  So it wouldn't surprise me if she got acceptance offers from multiple colleges that they needed help on to decide which would be a best fit.  In the end though, they wasted their money when you look at #5 of the article.  But hey, if that's what she wants, good for her.  Tits has the money.

https://heavy.com/sports/2017/06/phil-mickelson-daughter-amanda-brown-university/

Mickletits is the funniest nickname I've heard on here. I'm not sure here who coined that term. I can't watch him on TV without saying that name. 

21 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hallmark-channel-cuts-ties-to-lori-loughlin/ar-BBUMv9Y?li=BBnbfcL

Hollywood being completely hypocritical.  

These folks are acting like rich people using their money to get over is something new when that is the foundation of Hollywood.

Also, if this was George Clooney I bet the reaction would be completely different.

Just my two cents but the angelswin mantra - here, on the message board, elsewhere of "it's always been done this way, this is nothing new" I think is, well, lame.

If you offered Yale or USC x millions back in the day to build a new library wing, and in exchange they accepted your stupid kid, I do not think:

• Anybody was photoshopping your stupid kid's face on a water polo goalie, or coxwain 
  • Anybody was breaking mail fraud or other charges
  • Any kid who benefitted from this openly said they were in it just for the parties and game days
  • Anybody was writing off the cost of this bribes as charitable contributions on their federal taxes

Hallmark Channel paid the mom of the dumb kids a lot of money because she had a certain cache of wholesomeness.  They have every right to fire her ass when it turns out she is a fraudster.

14 hours ago, Lou said:

lol @ "Morehead State or Long Beach State" 

So true story - I was playing poker at HG a couple weeks ago, and an Orange County couple sat down - I moved over so they could sit together.  Attractive mid-late 40's couple, she of Vietnamese decent a few generations back, he a white guy.  We ended up talking, they have a senior at Northwood (Irvine) HS.  I asked where she was going to college.  Mom said she applied to Chapman, Cal Poly (cant remember if it was SLO or Pomona), UC Riverside, Long Beach State.  Got accepted to Cal Poly, UCR, hasn't heard back from Chapman, and was rejected by Long Beach State.  I did a double take and asked her to say that again so I hadn't misunderstood.  And mom said the rejection was the first one she got back so the kid was freaking out she might not get into anywhere!

I guess the days of when they accepted anyone like @Angel Oracle are over!!

On 3/15/2019 at 10:35 AM, yk9001 said:

So true story - I was playing poker at HG a couple weeks ago, and an Orange County couple sat down - I moved over so they could sit together.  Attractive mid-late 40's couple, she of Vietnamese decent a few generations back, he a white guy.  We ended up talking, they have a senior at Northwood (Irvine) HS.  I asked where she was going to college.  Mom said she applied to Chapman, Cal Poly (cant remember if it was SLO or Pomona), UC Riverside, Long Beach State.  Got accepted to Cal Poly, UCR, hasn't heard back from Chapman, and was rejected by Long Beach State.  I did a double take and asked her to say that again so I hadn't misunderstood.  And mom said the rejection was the first one she got back so the kid was freaking out she might not get into anywhere!

I guess the days of when they accepted anyone like @Angel Oracle are over!!

My daughter had a similar experience.  Accepted to CSUF, Cal Poly Pomona, UCR and rejected by Long Beach State.  No rhyme or reason. I had heard that there's a local community college program that funnels the local kids right in to CSULB, which is great for those kids, but does limit some of the applicants from further away.

On March 17, 2019 at 6:31 AM, halomatt said:

My daughter had a similar experience.  Accepted to CSUF, Cal Poly Pomona, UCR and rejected by Long Beach State.  No rhyme or reason. I had heard that there's a local community college program that funnels the local kids right in to CSULB, which is great for those kids, but does limit some of the applicants from further away.

wait a minute. I thought Long Beach State was a community college.

FACE!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherf*ckers act like they forgot about Dre . . . 

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/dr-dre-usc-daughters-tweet-deleted-felicity-huffman-usc-1203171304/amp/

On Saturday Dre posted a photo with the caption, “My daughter got accepted into USC all on her own. No jail time!!!” and then quickly deleted it after it was pointed about that in 2013 he and Beats by Dre cofounder Jimmy Lovine donated $70 million to the school to establish the Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation.

• 1 year later...