• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Huge Celebrity appearance in my town today!

NJHalo

So excited such a big name will be appearing at the Grand opening of Wize Guys Collectibles. I am sure he will draw in the masses. 

Scott Schwartz to appear at Wize Guys Collectibles

A christmas story

(Photo: Gannett News Service/MGM/UA)

CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

New Jersey native Scott Schwartz will always be known for putting his tongue where it didn’t belong.

In the 1983 holiday classic “A Christmas Story,” his character, Flick, acted on a triple-dog dare, sticking his tongue to the school flagpole.

Fortunately, the 14-year-old actor’s tongue wasn’t really “thtuck,” and no children were harmed filming the scene.

The prop people painted the pole to appear old and rusty, and masked a piece of plastic wrapped around it, according to Schwartz. A hole in the plastic connected to a suction tube, which ran to a motorized vacuum hidden below in the snow.

“Think of a vacuum cleaner, but the hole [in the plastic] was the size of a pinky nail,” Schwartz said.

The vacuum gave a little tug to his tongue, but he could easily remove the tongue, painlessly.

SAVING CHRISTMAS: Verona police donate gifts after thieves steal presents

TRAVELING SHOW: Trucks wrapped in Christmas lights bring cheer to NJ roads

It’s a different story if you really stick your tongue to a flagpole. Cold metal will rob the heat from your tongue, freezing your spit to the surface like superglue.

Schwartz performed a well-prepared stunt. The grueling part, for all the kids gathered around the pole in Canada, was the two-day, 12-hour shoots in subfreezing temperatures.

The cast of "A Christmas Story," from left, R.D. Robb,

The cast of "A Christmas Story," from left, R.D. Robb, Ian Petrella, Peter Billingsley, director Bob Clark, Scott Schwartz and Zack Ward, pose during celebrations of the release of the "Special Edition DVD Release of A Christmas Story," Friday, Dec. 5, 2003, at the Arclight Hollywood Theater in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Ann Johansson) (Photo: ANN JOHANSSON, ASSOCIATED PRESS)

“Being from New Jersey, I understand getting cold, but it doesn’t get 20 below,” Schwartz said.

Schwartz grew up in Somerville and Bridgewater, and got an early acting start in proximity to commercial and stage roles in Manhattan. 

The California resident returns to his home state on Thursday for the grand opening of Wize Guys Collectables in Verona, where he’ll sign photos, DVDs, and even a few leg lamps and Red Ryder BB guns, made famous from the movie.

Schwartz, 50, remains in show business as a motivational speaker and a booking agent for celebrities. He’s also shopping around a “Flashback Fridays” TV show, featuring interviews with Anthony Michael Hall of “Sixteen Candles,” Jeremy Miller of “Growing Pains” and Quiet Riot drummer Frankie Banali.

On December 21, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Lhalo said:

Nobody even cared about that movie until Turner bought the rights to it and started shoving it down our throats. 

not the case in my house, buddy. we probably bought the VHS at least 3 or 4 times, and we didn't have a lot of disposable income back in those days. but ....

The old man loved bargaining as much as an Arab trader, and he was twice as shrewd

On 12/20/2018 at 6:42 PM, Lou said:

my brother and I quote the movie all year round.

when we're running late and have to rush out: "but the bell rang!"

when looking for someone:" where's Flick?"

so many other great lines 

One of my friends has a super deep voice. For some reason it still cracks occasionally, like hes a teenager. Whenever he does, one of us says "thanks a lot" reference the old man taking the bowling ball to his nads.

SONS OF BITCH....BUMPUS'!

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One of my friends has a super deep voice. For some reason it still cracks occasionally, like hes a teenager. Whenever he does, one of us says "thanks a lot" reference the old man taking the bowling ball to his nads.

SONS OF BITCH....BUMPUS'!

does that mean his voice is fra-jee-lay?

12 hours ago, Tank said:

does that mean his voice is fra-jee-lay?

At least a few times a year when we do our range quals (shooting days) ill say "alright black bart, now you get yours". On a good day 2 out like 20 people who hear me say it get it. And give me like a "haha..." kind of laugh, not a "HAHAHA" kind.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

At least a few times a year when we do our range quals (shooting days) ill say "alright black bart, now you get yours". On a good day 2 out like 20 people who hear me say it get it. And give me like a "haha..." kind of laugh, not a "HAHAHA" kind.

Those are the kind of jokes I strive for... the ones that get a mildly positive reaction out of 5-10% of people and leave the rest certain I'm touching myself.