• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Offseason Question

kevinb

Stop worrying and being negative.

Since Richards, Ohtani, Johnson, Parker, Shoemaker on the pitching side... and Cowart, Arcia, C Young, E Young, and Marte are no longer on the 40-man roster, there is no chance of this happening.

If they didn't do anything else major, it will still be a different group in 2019.

We'll sign a pitcher, or trade for one. We'll sign a Catcher and a replacement 1b/OF.

Relax, Hot Stove is just now getting heated up.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

How would you feel if the Angels made no major moves this off season and kind of just went into next year with the same group that ended the season last year? 

First off they can't go with last year's crew, Richards is gone to San Diego and we won't even bring up Valbuena. The team is changing regardless of what high level free agents aren't picked up.

The only emphasis I want to see is that the long term goals are bring met not just short sighted splashes to keep message board geeks happy. If that means passing on over priced free agents that really aren't going to help long term, that's fine. It's tough to play the waiting game but the impatience game wrecks the franchise. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

How is what I said negative in anyway? I was just curious what you guys thought if Eppler did nothing of note this off season and went into next year very similar to last years team that ended the year.

You're bringing up a possibility that the Angels will be the same old crew, nothing will change, and the team is just gonna be blah again. That's what you're inferring with a post like this.

The team between opening day to opening day actually under Eppler has been like 8-10 new folks every year. Way more than I thought.

The 2018 Opening Day Roster for your reference. Heaney started on the DL. It clearly isn't going to be the same team that opened the year.

José Álvarez (LH)

Shohei Ohtani

Martín Maldonado

Zack Cozart

Kole Calhoun

Luke Bard (RH)

René Rivera

Ian Kinsler

Mike Trout

Cam Bedrosian (RH)

Jefry Marte

Justin Upton

Jim Johnson (RH)

Albert Pujols

Chris Young

Keynan Middleton (RH) -- ON DL TO OPEN 2019

Andrelton Simmons

Blake Parker (RH)

Luis Valbuena

JC Ramírez (RH)

ON DL TO OPEN 2019

Noé Ramirez (RH)

Garrett Richards (RH)

Matt Shoemaker (RH)

Tyler Skaggs (LH)

Blake Wood (RH)

The Team that ended the year had, in addition to the names above: Jose Fernandez, Taylor Ward, David Fletcher, Jabari Blash, Michael Hermosillio, Eric Young Jr., Joe Hudson, Jose Briceno, Francisco Arcia, Sherman Johnson, Omar Despaigne, Parker Bridwell, Junichi Tazawa, Williams Jerez, Ty Buttery, Justin Anderson, Deck McGuire, Akeel Morris, Miguel Almonte, and a few others.

Still not a complete roster, because of how many people are now gone.

It's not gonna be the same team.

Just now, Kevinb said:

I said that ended the season last year not opened @Hubs And I am not inferring anything. Just curious the opinions of people if nothing major happened this off season. There was no ill intention from this thread, despite what you might think.

Ok I guess you didn’t mean anything negative if you say so. Still the team that ended the season was listed at the bottom of my post, and the strikes are how many of them are gone. 

Of the 27 position players used last year, only 10 are still on the 40 man. (Trout, Pujols, Ohtani, Upton, Calhoun, Cozart, Briceno, Fletcher, Ward, and Simmons)

Of the 35 pitchers, only 15 remain. 

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Ok I guess you didn’t mean anything negative if you say so. Still the team that ended the season was listed at the bottom of my post, and the strikes are how many of them are gone. 

Of the 27 position players used last year, only 10 are still on the 40 man. (Trout, Pujols, Ohtani, Upton, Calhoun, Cozart, Briceno, Fletcher, Ward, and Simmons)

Of the 35 pitchers, only 15 remain. 

I may have wrote what I meant wrong to start the thread. I was more meaning line up the same and rotation the same. Not the entire roster. More meaning not signing anyone major how would people feel. But ya there wasn't anything negative in my post. More just what people thought if something like that happened.