• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tex vs Det

Can you imagine how many home runs Miguel Cabrera would hit if he played half of his games in Texas?

Damn.

A midseason trade to pick up Stanton would make the Rangers' offense this year ridiculously potent in that stadium.

That said the Rangers are probably not foolish enough to empty their farm to the tune of Miami's asking price to actually get it done.

I can't believe Texas keeps winning. Something in that stinking hick state that gets them going. Can't wait for them to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again. Sooner or later that is going to bite them in the ass.

Actually at this point Angels have about a 1/30 chance of landing a wild card if the following happens:

• Angels get an effective Burnett, Weaver, Madson, Jepsen and Bourjos back.
  • Oakland and Seattle collapse big time
  • Texas gets Harrison and others back and starts going on a historic run, like 120+ wins, mostly against all the teams ahead of the Angels in the WC race. .
  • Angels pull their heads out and actually win games against Houston

Angel fans should therefore view Rangers winning regular season games not against the Angels as a good thing. At the end of the day the Rangers could always pull a '90s Braves and get bounced out of the first round of the playoffs. 

Miguel Cabrera just hit his 3rd Hr of the game. .387 / 11hrs / 47rbi's  there's no doubt who the AL MVP is going to be again.

Cabrera could conceivable win a second triple crown (Although I don't think he'll "easily" win 3-4 consecutive like Hawk Harrelson was rambling about earlier...)

Well one thing is for sure, the Trout vs Cabrera for MVP debate won't happen in 2013. I also think that Cabrera is validating his 2012 MVP season.

One thing I don't understand about Trout is why is it than Fangaphs loves his defense so much more than Baseball Reference? Baseball reference seems to have a more pessimistic assessment of his (and others') 2013 season: 

AL bWAR Leaders - Trout 20th with 1.4 WAR

AL fWAR leaders - Trout 2nd with 2.4 WAR

Fangraphs considers his defense worth +0.3 WAR while Baseball Reference ranks it worth -0.6, a swing of almost a full win.

I can't believe Texas keeps winning. Something in that stinking hick state that gets them going. Can't wait for them to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs again. Sooner or later that is going to bite them in the ass.

It's called defense, pitching, base running.  We do all the little things well.  Loads of injuries and all they do is churn out W's.

Just wait till we get Harrison, Lewis, Ogando, Kinsler, Feliz, Soria, Lindblom, and AJ back.