• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tex vs Det

Sadly, right now Texas looks every bit their record - and I'm not investing in the summer wilt theory.

Angels only (slim) chance at a playoff berth is by getting into the second wildcard. I'm pretty sure Texas is going to win the division and be irrelevant to us except when we play them directly.

the thing that boggles the mind about Texas is how they always seem to have a guy in the minors that can step in a produce, no matter how many injuries they have.  I bet you could make two major league teams out of their talent, and both of them would be good to great.

the thing that boggles the mind about Texas is how they always seem to have a guy in the minors that can step in a produce, no matter how many injuries they have.  I bet you could make two major league teams out of their talent, and both of them would be good to great.

Rangers disabled list:

AJ Pierzynski

Ian Kinsler

Martin Perez

Alexei Ogando

Colby Lewis

Joakim Soria

Matt Harrison

Neftali Feliz 

Perez and Lewis are pitching in the minors now.

This is the same thing in 2008-2009 that the Angels were being talked about. Enjoy it Ranger fans it doesn't last long.

True.  What they do to try to maintain it consistently is dig deep in Latin America, scout diligently in Asia, and in the amateur draft almost ignore positional need and go for the best players available.  All that combines to reduce the need to either draft or trade for positional help.

This is the same thing in 2008-2009 that the Angels were being talked about. Enjoy it Ranger fans it doesn't last long.

Farm depth? Why doesnt it last? it would be of use to LAA right now if they didnt trade it away for Zack Greinke and Dan Haren. Texas has the same young pitchers stepping that LAA could have had with Corbin. They have the same young IF prospect that LAA had if they had kept Segura. your envy is obvious when you call Texas a "hick state." I respect LAA and hope they get back to decent personally...

Rangers disabled list:

AJ Pierzynski

Ian Kinsler

Martin Perez

Alexei Ogando

Colby Lewis

Joakim Soria

Matt Harrison

Neftali Feliz 

Perez and Lewis are pitching in the minors now.

Don't forget Lindblom.  Kinsler on the DL should be a fun time, because we get to watch Jur-ick-son!  :D

rangers would have won anyway without the tigers' bad defense. washington is so stupid so that he tried to give the game back by bringing in kirkman with the bases loaded. and you guys think scioscia is bad. 

lol who else do you bring in?  He couldn't bring in Ross.  This team has been to 2 out of the last 3 World Series under him.  I love Washington and the way he lets our guys play freely.  You can keep Scioscia.

ron washington is the dumbest manager in baseball. and why the **** couldn't he bring in ross? he brought him in one batter later. 

Ah ya my mistake I forgot he pitched last night, and he got the W lmao.  So it was a bad decision, whatever.  He trusts his players.  Why is he the dumbest manager?  Our team has been damn good under him.

We love Washington!

lol who else do you bring in?  He couldn't bring in Ross.  This team has been to 2 out of the last 3 World Series under him.  I love Washington and the way he lets our guys play freely.  You can keep Scioscia.

You couldnt bring in Ross becuase? Oh he is designated for the last 3 innings. Um ok...extremely high leverage spot that could decide game and you are "forced" to bring in one of your worst relievers. You must think Ron Wash is a genius...

You couldnt bring in Ross becuase? Oh he is designated for the last 3 innings. Um ok...extremely high leverage spot that could decide game and you are "forced" to bring in one of your worst relievers. You must think Ron Wash is a genius...

I don't think he's a genius, I just really like him as a manager.  I love the way the team plays hard under him and his personality is hilarious.  

Joe Ortiz. Sure, he's the youngest arm in the bullpen, but lefties are 4-31 (.129) against him so far this year.

A W's a W, though, and damn that had to have been the most exciting game I've attended in a long time. Cabrera at his best is a sight to behold.

Gotta say I'd sure like to see Pujols have a 3-homer game or two against the A's in the near future...

Joe Ortiz. Sure, he's the youngest arm in the bullpen, but lefties are 4-31 (.129) against him so far this year.

A W's a W, though, and damn that had to have been the most exciting game I've attended in a long time. Cabrera at his best is a sight to behold.

Gotta say I'd sure like to see Pujols have a 3-homer game or two against the A's in the near future...

Hambone's 4 homer game was insane.  I was also at the game in center field when he hit the two run walk off against the Jays last season in extra innings down 1.  Last nights game had everything in terms of pure excitement.  When the Smurph hit that homer it sounded crazy in that stadium.

We couldn't thrown anything at Cabrera last night, he was so dialed in.  Not swinging at anything outside the zone and hitting everything in the zone, just crazy.  In terms of the walk Cabrera and pitch to Fielder situation I think Wash handled it correctly.  Maybe he brought in the wrong lefty but sometimes you just have to accept the fact that a damn good hitter did what he is payed to do.  Hell, Fielder is hitting .326 vs. lefties and .257 vs. righties so maybe we shouldn't have even brought in a lefty.  As long as it isn't Derek Lowe  :lol:.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/5915/prince-fielder