• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels Offseason Options: Julio Teheran

21 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

By the way, one of the things I learned at the GM meetings is this guy is definitely available.

I don't know how interested the Angels are or what the prospect cost would be, just that the Braves are open to moving him.

Seems to me he'd be a pretty good fit if they could get him for something like Jose Suarez and another mid-level prospect.

13 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Who said anything about trading Suarez for Teheran? There’s no way Eppler trades Suarez for Teheran, and if for some reason he does, then there’s something he really likes about Julio and doesn’t like about José.

Two possible Teheran trades...

1) something like Gatto and Lund - two prospects akin to Kinsler’s Hernández and Montgomery cost who really don’t hurt the Angels future at all, but still have a decent shot at seeing MLB playing time one day. I could see Rivas, Hunter, Molina, Luis Pena, Rivera, Duensing, etc. also fitting the mold.

2) something like Calhoun and Bedrosian, maybe still with one of Gatto/Lund. In this scenario, the Angels are basically swapping some salary from a place where they have other options (a FA RF stopgap until Adell arrives, or a platoon with Herm/vet IF acquisition who also plays some OF, or an unforeseen trade for a RF) for a pitcher with a track record and controlled cost, bypassing bidding on any of the FA 1-yr vet SPs

Neither of those involve Suarez.

Jeff Fletcher said it.  That's who. 

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Would you trade Kole straight up for him?  It gives them a replacement for Markakis.   I have zero idea if this is realistic.  

I probably wouldn’t because then you need to replace Calhoun, which costs more money and/or prospects. Sure you could end up with a better RF than Calhoun but you’re going to pay for it. And I wouldn’t want to block Adell.

I also don’t think the Braves would do that. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

31 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I probably wouldn’t because then you need to replace Calhoun, which costs more money and/or prospects. Sure you could end up with a better RF than Calhoun but you’re going to pay for it. And I wouldn’t want to block Adell.

I also don’t think the Braves would do that. 

Yea I’m not sure what kind of contract a guy like McCutchen is going to get but if you could get him for 2 years and around $24 million you don’t increase payroll much and get a leadoff hitter.  

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

Would you trade Kole straight up for him?  It gives them a replacement for Markakis.   I have zero idea if this is realistic.  

I kinda feel like there's a better chance of Kole going back to what he was in 2016 than there is of Teheran doing that.  Or another way to look at it is that I think we can get a comparable player to Teheran as a FA for less money whereas a replacement for Kole would cost a lot more.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I kinda feel like there's a better chance of Kole going back to what he was in 2016 than there is of Teheran doing that.  Or another way to look at it is that I think we can get a comparable player to Teheran as a FA for less money whereas a replacement for Kole would cost a lot more.  

Maybe I’m misreading the market because it hasn’t developed yet, but do you think McCutchen is really going to get a lot more than Kole?