• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Home Run Derby

Will Ohtani do the Home Run Derby?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ohtani do the Home Run Derby?

Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

No, they're playing careful with him.

He's hitting with a less than 100% arm, they're not going to want him out there swinging as hard as he can in a useless game.

It's just BP.  He does that anyway and people flock to watch it before the game.

2 hours ago, CubsFan said:

Cause it sells tickets and draws TV ratings.

I'd much rather see players that have had successful 2018 seasons than just have some one compete just to sell tickets. JD Martinez, Judge, Machado, Stanton, Betts, Jose Martinez, have had much more AL success this year than Ohtani. Even Trout would draw more interest than Ohtani, but I don't think he is going to compete.

8 minutes ago, fanfromday1 said:

I'd much rather see players that have had successful 2018 seasons than just have some one compete just to sell tickets. JD Martinez, Judge, Machado, Stanton, Betts, Jose Martinez, have had much more AL success this year than Ohtani. Even Trout would draw more interest than Ohtani, but I don't think he is going to compete.

Stanton and Judge said they won't participate.  

I can see Machado doing it since he's just up the road in Baltimore.

You may not like Ohtani but he puts people in the seats, and people go to the stadium just to watch his BP homer runs.

16 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the halos track record with guys in the hr derby isn't so good.  

It's not bad. Pujols and Trumbo both advanced to the second round and performed well, Vlad won in '07, Garret won in '03.

Those are the only Angels to participate in since Troy skunked out with 0 in 2001.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

It's not bad. Pujols and Trumbo both advanced to the second round and performed well, Vlad won in '07, Garret won in '03.

Those are the only Angels to participate in since Troy skunked out with 0 in 2001.

check out GA pre and post derby 2005.  .950+ pre.  .800 post.  never the same.  

check out trumbo pre and post 2012.  .900+ ops pre.  .630 ops post.  tore rib cartilage.  

Josh Hamilton HR derby made Arte want him.

Vlad 2007 - declined the next two years.  

?