• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robinson Cano HBP - Broken Hand

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He's on the Mariners. Yes we can.

I mean, yes. And I want to. Don't get me wrong.

But, just rubs me the wrong way. Pops always raised me to never celebrate an opposing player's injury. At least not outwardly. 

36 minutes ago, laagamer said:

Can we not laugh at injured players people? 

Fully agree man.  I think the Mariners are actually in a good position when it comes to covering Cano, as they can simply slide Gordon back, although I don't know who'd cover CF if Gordon covers 2B.  Any thoughts?

Just now, laagamer said:

I mean, yes. And I want to. Don't get me wrong.

But, just rubs me the wrong way. Pops always raised me to never celebrate an opposing player's injury. At least not outwardly. 

Yeah, there's a big difference between cheering someone's injury vs not feeling sympathy for them.  After seeing all the injuries we suffered last year, I do not feel an ounce of sympathy for them, but I do feel for Cano as a player - sucks getting injured like that.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/05/robinson-cano-suffers-fractured-right-hand.html

While I don't laugh at player injuries at all, I would say the last two sentences of this is worth laughing about:

"The Mariners may be hard pressed to find someone who’s clearly superior to the 36-year-old Phillips on the trade front – general manager Jerry Dipoto’s preferred route. Not only are deals hard to come by at this point in the season, but the Mariners likely don’t have a strong enough farm system to acquire an impact player."

And here-in lies the biggest issue with Dipoto as a GM.  He has built a fairly competitive team at the major league level, but at the extreme cost of decimating his minor league system.  Now that the inevitable unfortuitous injury has occurred (and EVERY team has this), they don't have any kind of prospect capital to utilize to help protect them.  And, as we know all too well from our own experiences, this is how Dipoto's model fails time in and time out.

I mean it hurts and it sucks, but my guess is Dee will move back to 2B where he is actually worthwhile offensively AND defensively and put Heredia in CF. 

Our offense even without Cano isn't the problem ... it's our Facking rotation outside of Paxton.

And yeah you guys can laugh at Cano. I giggled heartily when Kendrys snapped his leg jumping on home plate.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Fully agree man.  I think the Mariners are actually in a good position when it comes to covering Cano, as they can simply slide Gordon back, although I don't know who'd cover CF if Gordon covers 2B.  Any thoughts?

4570.png&w=350&h=254

George Takei... I mean Ichiro. 

Edited by Blarg