• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Yankees (4/28/2018) NO Ohtani

Chuck

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

But the Bruins weren't playing. 

Well, the Bruins dont play in anything significant in football, anymore.

But you have your memories. I still have mine, too. Mostly Beban and OJ in 66 and 67.

Just to be clear, I didnt go to UCLA. I am CSUF and SDSU. No football at Fullerton for a long time, now. SDSU was pre-Marshall Faulk.

3 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

But you have your memories. I still have mine, too. Mostly Beban and OJ in 66 and 67.

With Chip Kelly coming, I wouldn't bet against them playing meaningful football in the next few years.

4 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

With Chip Kelly coming, I wouldn't bet against them playing meaningful football in the next few years.

This is easily the least interesting football era for the Bruins and the Trojans that I can remember.

I guess cleaning up booster support has had an effect.

I've always like Chip Kelly. But it's all about recruiting these days.

24 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

The trick plays in OT, including the Statue of Liberty, were amazing.

But the hook-and-lateral on 4th and 18 with less than 15 seconds was just astounding. That finished 22 points by both teams in the last 1:26.

The looks on Oklahoma fan’s face at the end was truly classic.

And to top it off, the marriage proposal.

12 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

This is easily the least interesting football era for the Bruins and the Trojans that I can remember.

I guess cleaning up booster support has had an effect.

I've always like Chip Kelly. But it's all about recruiting these days.

He is an excellent recruiter.  

35 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

As a nice crossthtead to other posts on the board, I left the ucla game at halftime.

From the tailgate.

We never actually went in.

Dude.

My postgame messages:

On September 5, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Lou said:

"What a game! WHAT. A. GAME!!!" Rosen was nails. Phillips is going to be a monster. Wadood played great. But, the player of the game was TE Caleb Wilson. 15 receptions for 203 yards (he even made a solo tackle). Last year he had 16 rec for 220 yards.  Phenomenal. 

We almost left 3 or 4 times, but kept doing the: " if we don't score here/if we don't stop them here " thing . . . 

One A&M fan right before we started the game winning drive: " aww, fuck me. I even have to go to class tomorrow. Hey, how hard is it to transfer into UCLA?"

On September 5, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Lou said:

When we finally got home, I watched the replay just to hear Gus Johnson. 

I kept waiting for :" to be down by 34...HEART--BREAK CITY!"

On September 5, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Lou said:

image.png

On September 5, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Lou said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On September 5, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Lou said:

My favorite quote from Gus was on the Andrews td that went through the defenders hands:"...touchdown Bruins!...Darren Andrews. Uh oh!!!"

Edited by Lou

50 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Just to be clear, I didnt go to UCLA. I am CSUF and SDSU. No football at Fullerton for a long time, now. SDSU was pre-Marshall Faulk.

I was at the LB State/SDSU game in 1991.   A blowout, but one meaningful thing happened.   The college debuts of Marshall Faulk and Terrell Davis

34 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm old enough to remember the Nebraska/Oklahoma game in 1971.

That's the game that got me hooked on college football. I was 17 years old.

I still remember that game, too. It was the Orange Bowl, when that was the last game of the day on New Year's Day. I believe it was the wishbone offense versus Jerry Tagget or Taggert or Taggy or something like that. I think it ended 35-31, Nebraska, right? I should google it.

Edit: Nah, I'm not remembering it right. Still researching it.

Nebraska/Oklahoma was 1 vs 2 nationally on ABC for Thanksgiving, and was for the Big 8 title at Norman, Okla.

Tagge, Johnny Rodgers vs Jack Mildren, Greg Pruitt 

Nebraska won it late, 35-31, and then crushed Alabama 38-6 in the Orange Bowl to clinch the national title.

iirc, the Big Eight had the Top 3 in the final polls (Neb, Okla, Colorado).

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nebraska/Oklahoma was 1 vs 2 nationally on ABC for Thanksgiving, and was for the Big 8 title at Norman, Okla.

Tagge, Johnny Rodgers vs Jack Mildren, Greg Pruitt 

Nebraska won it late, 35-31, and then crushed Alabama 38-6 in the Orange Bowl to clinch the national title.

iirc, the Big Eight had the Top 3 in the final polls (Neb, Okla, Colorado).

Ah, yes. It felt like an Orange Bowl because it was Thanksgiving. Days with multiple games.

• 1 month later...