• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

26 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It would be nice if they trade Silf and Perry.   I'm still looking at you Stone.

If Kesler is a high risk of being LTIRetired, he might be more movable than Perry as after Ottawa sells their players they will need to reach the salary floor.

They need to start sending Kesler out to face other teams goons so that if he gets hurt they can LTIRetire him & with his career over he'd probably waive his NMC since he won't be playing for Ottawa anyways.

Without Kase this would almost be a lottery pick team. 11 goals in 22 games, league wide scoring is up but the only Duck who is having a career year is Kase.

When Kase is on Getzlaf's line its the best line on the team, when Kase is on Henriques line its the best line on the team. Interesting pattern.

Nick Ritchie 16 points in 25 games (0.64 points per game) vs Adam Henrique 22 points in 40 games (0.55 points per game).

NHL 2014 Redraft would have Montour, Kase & Ritche in the top 30 picks & possibly Petterssen at #30.

The 2011 draft is still my favorite cause of Gibson/Rakell/Manson/W-Karlsson/Wellinski.

1 hour ago, Pujols4MVP said:

17 points in 26 games for Nick Ritchie, 0.65 points per game. Kase at 0.83 points per game.

Ritchie & Kase need to be stapled to Henrique's line but Carlyle will probably mess that up when Perry is back.

Yup.  The Boner line needs to stay put, and get more minutes.  The Getzlaf line is really showing that it needs Rakell.  The Kesler line is looking expendable.  

About Expansion draft in 2021 After the 2020-21 season Getzlaf & Perry are UFA. Kesler has only 1 year left so he's either bought out or LTIRetired cause he'll be a bigger waste of a protection spot by then.

Expansion Draft Exempt forwards: Comtois, Steel, Lundestrom, Jones.

They could go 8 skaters + 1 goalie with Rakell/Kase/Ritchie/Henrique/Lindholm/Montour/Manson/Fowler/Gibson which leaves Seattle with option of taking either Mahura, Larsson, Aberg or Sprong but if they have already traded Fowler then they can protect one of Mahura or Larsson, Seattle with even more slim pickings.

So it'll be interesting to see who develops better in Larsson or Mahura, which one they are ok with losing.

I do not want to see Seattle turn Mahura into a power play weapon though. I strongly believe we'll lose either Mahura or Larsson.

1 hour ago, Pujols4MVP said:

About Expansion draft in 2021 After the 2020-21 season Getzlaf & Perry are UFA. Kesler has only 1 year left so he's either bought out or LTIRetired cause he'll be a bigger waste of a protection spot by then.

Expansion Draft Exempt forwards: Comtois, Steel, Lundestrom, Jones.

They could go 8 skaters + 1 goalie with Rakell/Kase/Ritchie/Henrique/Lindholm/Montour/Manson/Fowler/Gibson which leaves Seattle with option of taking either Mahura, Larsson, Aberg or Sprong but if they have already traded Fowler then they can protect one of Mahura or Larsson, Seattle with even more slim pickings.

So it'll be interesting to see who develops better in Larsson or Mahura, which one they are ok with losing.

I do not want to see Seattle turn Mahura into a power play weapon though. I strongly believe we'll lose either Mahura or Larsson.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do a package of Kesler + one of Larsson/Montour.  Might be Ritchie.  Thing that bothers me most about Montour is he didn't sign a long term deal, but a bridge deal.  He's probably chasing the money, and might get real expensive in 2 years.  Ritchie same, but the holdout.  

If we want to Tank, lets call up Sustr/Schenn & send Larsson/Mahura/Wellinski back to San Diego, the Gulls D will be massively upgraded & they'll be in the AHL playoffs soon enough. 14 minutes a night of Sustr/Schenn 3rd pairing would help the Ducks get a Top 5 to 8 pick.

10 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Play like Kakka for Kakko, Kakka means S%## in Spanish (The #2 pick, basicly a Laine type player).

Losin for Cozens (top prospect in the draft)

Slack for Dach  (another top prospect in the draft)

Fold for Boldy.

I like.  Of course we will probably just be mediocre and continue to be a fringe playoff team till the last few weeks.  Kind of like the Angels, and the fans will say, hey, we were in it till the end, all is good.  Let the mediocrity continue.

Edited by gotbeer