• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I have depths of dorkiness, just in select areas. I know who flies Slave One and what "hit points" and "adamantium" are, but not "MUTO."

Until you know what a Decanter of Endless Water is and what a Lagrange Point is you still aren't full on dorkiness. :D

Marsh with a double and 3-run homerun in 4 at-bats. Average up to .266 with the 66ers this season.

Here's a question: What would be better for the farm? Have Marsh's bat heat up while Adell's cools off like it has been since the break. Or vice-versa?

31 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Marsh with a double and 3-run homerun in 4 at-bats. Average up to .266 with the 66ers this season.

Here's a question: What would be better for the farm? Have Marsh's bat heat up while Adell's cools off like it has been since the break. Or vice-versa?

Im an outsider on the prospect stuff, but id say marsh. Isnt he older?

Well, I'd say Marsh getting hot would be better for the club because it is my feeling that he'll be traded and an increase in production will up his value. With Upton under contract for four more years, Ohtani at DH, and Adell the prized OF prospect, the Angels don't really have a place for Marsh for a few years at least. I'm guessing they'll package him--maybe for Realmuto, like some are speculating--and then replace Upton in a few years with one of Jordyn Adams, Trent Deveaux, or D'Shawn Knowles. 

Hope to see some new names start showing up on these list...

• Hermosillo: 2-4, Thaiss: 0-5, Ward: 1-3, 2 BB, Rengifo: did not play
  • Jahmai Jones: 1-5, 2 R, RBI, BB, 2 K
  • Jose Rojas: 3-4, 2B, BB, K
  • Mobile beat up on former LAA prospect Ricardo Sanchez, dealt for Kubitza: 5 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 3 K and farmhand Adam McCreery, dealt for Chacin(?): IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, K
  • Brandon Marsh: 2-4, 2B, HR (4), 3 RBI, 2 K
  • Luis Madero (acquired for David Hernandez): 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 6 K - on the year (18 GS/81.1 IP): 3.87 ERA, .269 BAA, 1.34 WHIP, 23 BB, 71 K
  • RP Dayan Diaz, claimed from HOU last Sept., finally returned following visa issues: IP, 3 H, ER, K, HR at IE
  • Torii: 2-5, 2 RBI, Orlando Martinez: 3-5, 2B, 2 RBI, OF assist
  • Alvaro Rubalcaba: 3-4, 2 2B - I just wanted to write his name out
  • Burlington RP Mayky Perez: 2 IP, H, ER, 2 BB, 3 K - on the year, 14 G/19.2 IP: 2.75 ERA, .109 BAA, 1.17 WHIP, 16 BB, 29 K
  • Jeremiah Jackson! 3-4, 2B, 2 HR (4), 2 RBI, SB (6), now slashing .313/.347/.582/.929 in 17 G/67 AB with 4 2B, 1 3B, 4 HR, 4 BB, 20 K, 6-7 SB
  • For comparison, Jo Adell’s first 17 G: 67 AB, .306/.348/.581/.929 with 4 2B, 2 3B, 3 HR, 4 BB, 14 K, 2-2 SB
  • Mike Trout’s first 17 G: 81 PA, a .313/.413/.433/.845 slash with 4 2B, 2 3B, 0 HR, 12 BB, 16 K, 6-7 SB 
  • Jordyn Adams: 0-4, Deveaux: 1-3, RBI, BB
  • Clayton Chatham: 2.1 IP, H, 2 BB, 15 K - in 13.2 IP, 2.63 ERA, .170 BAA, 1.17 WHIP, 8 BB, 17 K
  • Jose Quezada, I believe a DSL All-Star, 2-4, 2 R, BB, 3 SB (14) - slashing .269/.361/.365/.726 with 21 BB, 29 K in 156 AB

Adell has been slumping hard since the Futures game. Hopefully he can find his timing again soon. 

Thaiss doesn’t seem major league ready, an .800 OPS in Salt Lake isn’t all that. And Taylor Ward’s BABIP is well over .400 I hope when that settles in his numbers don’t come crashing down. 

19 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Adell has been slumping hard since the Futures game. Hopefully he can find his timing again soon. 

Thaiss doesn’t seem major league ready, an .800 OPS in Salt Lake isn’t all that. And Taylor Ward’s BABIP is well over .400 I hope when that settles in his numbers don’t come crashing down. 

Eh, it's only been 9 games since he went to the Futures. 7-36 (.194) with 4 BB to 8 K in 44 PA isn't too alarming. It's his first year in full-season ball too, only 49 games last year and he's now at 79 on the year - so he's probably hitting a little necessary adjustment period getting used to the grind.

.303/.347/.506/.854 was Kendrys' AAA slash at age 23 in 80 G, 337 PA. Thaiss' .283/.322/.500/.822 in 52 G/245 PA isn't too bad in comparison, but I do think he's not quite ready yet. The BB:K numbers could show a little improvement. 

Taylor Ward's combined BABip is .426 - it's absolutely ridiculous.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Eh, it's only been 9 games since he went to the Futures. 7-36 (.194) with 4 BB to 8 K in 44 PA isn't too alarming. It's his first year in full-season ball too, only 49 games last year and he's now at 79 on the year - so he's probably hitting a little necessary adjustment period getting used to the grind.

.303/.347/.506/.854 was Kendrys' AAA slash at age 23 in 80 G, 337 PA. Thaiss' .283/.322/.500/.822 in 52 G/245 PA isn't too bad in comparison, but I do think he's not quite ready yet. The BB:K numbers could show a little improvement. 

Taylor Ward's combined BABip is .426 - it's absolutely ridiculous.

Good info, didn’t really think about how Adell hasn’t really gone through a full season of pro ball yet. Thaiss will be a solid major leaguer, I believe it. He has a good approach, just needs to improve his plate discipline, like you stated

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

you have to think even the organization couldn't have envisioned that he would have this much success so soon after making the switch. 

No doubt. It was a good call to try something different with the kid since he did possess athleticism and showed good plate discipline, but yeah...There's no way they thought he'd turn out this good. 

I'll take it. Especially as bad as our farm system has been over the past 5 years. 

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

So Jeremiah Jackson > Jordyn Adams? Or too early to tell?

So far Jackson is showing good bat skills and that power/speed combo that Adell has shown us thus far. 

Either way, color me excited. 

racist 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

So Jeremiah Jackson > Jordyn Adams? Or too early to tell?

So far Jackson is showing good bat skills and that power/speed combo that Adell has shown us thus far. 

Either way, color me excited. 

It's just way too early to tell - but Jackson is looking great. Sky is the limit right now. 

I can already tell that this board is going to lump extraordinarily high expectations on Adams. He's not going to be Jo Adell 2.0 and we shouldn't view them as similar players. 

Adams already looks like he may shade more towards the speed/contact/discipline path, and Adell, while still being very fast, will be more of the raw power 35+ HR peak, some high k rates, probably not a huge BA.