• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose Miguel Fernandez- Potential Steal of the Offseason

Second Base

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

the dogs took a 29 yo cuban defector and put him at AA where he put up an .864 ops.  They move him to AAA for 3 games and then move him back to AA where he plays 24 more games and just disappears.  So odd.  

Agree with Scotty that they had an agreement where he could become a free agent again if he didn't get added to the roster.  

I also agree with the sentiment that the dogs weren't about to release a guy who could help them at a minimum of cost.  There had to be more to this than just JMF's talent though but that doesn't mean the dogs are right just because they are smart about other stuff.  

Eppler is pretty smart too.  I applaud Scotty for going out on a limb and making a bold prediction.  He's likely going to be wrong, but it's not a tremendous reach by any stretch.  

I don't think there's any possible way I can be wrong here, mostly because I didn't make any predictions (that I know of). 

14 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

....There could've been a gentlemen's agreement that if he wasn't in the majors by the end of the season that they would let him seek employment elsewhere. Perhaps he was disgruntled and they didn't want the distraction, or perhaps he simply approached them and asked if he'd be on their roster, when they said no, he could have asked for his release and was granted it.

Although it hasn't been mentioned in any media reports, you wonder if there might have been a clause in his contract that provided for the Dodgers, on an identified timeline, to either release him or (fill in the blank)....as an international FA, he might have had enough leverage to get something along those lines....

On 2/28/2018 at 3:40 PM, IheartLA said:

he's listed at age 29, going to be 30 in April... I don't think so :)

Anyone wanna guess his real age? 32, 33?

i don't think the age, birth certificate,  problem ever related to cuban players.