• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Updated Top 30 Prospects

Second Base

26 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

With the draft last year and not the addition of Soto and Maitan, I am interested to see where the 'experts' rank our minor league system.

I still wouldn't expect it to rank very high. It's hard to break a narrative that has become so accepted, whether it's true or not.

I can't pretend to know the depths of other organizations, but I do know the Angels during their "worst farm in baseball" years have out-produced several of the top 10 farms in baseball.

So to me, those are pretty meaningless.

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

I still wouldn't expect it to rank very high. I can't prentebd to know the depths of other organizations, but I do know the Angels during their "worst farm in baseball" years have put produced several of the top 10 farms in baseball.

So to me, those are pretty meaningless.

Its all based on projections. If you have a tiny little turd that you project will turn out to be a giant prize winning pumpkin you may change your mind after 3 years when its just a crusty little turd.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

We may, but what happens when the Olive Garden never ending pasta bowl champion of Orange County gets a hold of them?

When I read stuff like this I feel bad for the person that thinks it is funny.  I am willing to bet that the Scioscia is fat “jokes” were never really funny to anyone with a decent sense of humor and if they were ever funny that was about 15 years ago.  So, does your members only jacket still fit?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

When I read stuff like this I feel bad for the person that thinks it is funny.  I am willing to bet that the Scioscia is fat “jokes” were never really funny to anyone with a decent sense of humor and if they were ever funny that was about 15 years ago.  So, does your members only jacket still fit?

Never had one. You sensitive about your weight strad? Funny how your jokes are only funny to people with mind boggling IQs that us simpleton just will never understand. 

13 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Never had one. You sensitive about your weight strad? Funny how your jokes are only funny to people with mind boggling IQs that us simpleton just will never understand. 

No I’m a fat guy that isn’t sensitive about my weight.  I just think it’s incredibly unfunny.  

You can't say you weren't warned: http://thesportsdaily.com/angels-win/angelswin-com-2018-primer-series-final-thoughts/

" In the end it is my personal belief Eppler and Moreno are gearing up for a big run over the next three years as they should be doing. No prospect is safe and some of our low and mid-end regulars could be on the block too.... Certainly depth is very important, so I am not advocating laying waste to our Minor League assets, but certainly there are areas of strength in our farm system such as outfield and pitching of which Eppler can draw upon to execute some needed trades to improve the team today, not tomorrow."

Who are you replacing Pearson with now? :dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

Sorry couldn't resist, Scotty.

Saw a Baseball America podcast that Fletcher tweeted they discussed the other guy they signed. One of the hosts was pretty high on him, called him the #2 or #3 guy the Braves had to give up. Said he'd be a top five prospect for the Angels with Maitan, Adell, Jones, and Marsh.

14 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

Can't you just make a 1A type of guy....I'm expecting he will making the club out of ST....so a prospect....not really.

I was joking in that one. Ohtani is the #1 prospect by a long shot. As BA even wrote, this signing probably pushes our ranking up to the mid teens in farm systems from the upper 20s.

Just now, Dave Saltzer said:

I was joking in that one. Ohtani is the #1 prospect by a long shot. As BA even wrote, this signing probably pushes our ranking up to the mid teens in farm systems from the upper 20s.

But he is not going to be a prospect for long...just add the 1A tag

Save yourself the headache.

Posted this in the Ohtani signing thread but figured I should post it here. Baseball America already saying that with Ohtani(as well as already having added Maitan), the Angels will likely rank around 15th or so in their rankings. Massive improvement considering they've ranked dead last in I think 3 of the last 4 seasons

With these additions, the Angels now have a system that is firmly in the middle of the pack. A back-of-the-napkin estimate is that they will rank somewhere around right around 15th when our organization talent rankings are put into the 2018 Prospect Handbook. Ohtani by himself would help the club climb five to seven spots in the rankings. That’s how valuable someone who is the top prospect in the game can be to a farm system.

Thanks for the advice guys, but you all know @Dave Saltzer is right. He's number one, no letters. This is the best prospect in the world. I love Adell's athleticism and I love Maitan's upside, but even if Ohtani fails as a hitter, he's still a staff ace making the league minimum, major league ready.

At the very least, we have a young Justin Verlander. At most, We have a combined 7 win player.

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Posted this in the Ohtani signing thread but figured I should post it here. Baseball America already saying that with Ohtani(as well as already having added Maitan), the Angels will likely rank around 15th or so in their rankings. Massive improvement considering they've ranked dead last in I think 3 of the last 4 seasons

I'd really believe them, if I was even the least bit convinced they knew how good Adell, Jones, Marsh and Barria actually are.