• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

R.I.P. Gomer Pyle

Blarg

So sad. 

Him singing The Impossible Dream with the President's Own and Chamber Orchestra is pretty neat. 

Also, yes, there is a "Private Pyle" in every boot camp platoon. I'll never forget ours. His name was Weir, and he said he was going to sick his mom on our drill instructors. DI's got to a point where they made him sleep in his own squad bay, and made him call them by their first names instead of "Drill Instructor Sergeant Whatever'". They also had him crawl on his hands and knees pushing a foot locker around the squad bay as they doused him with aftershave for a couple of hours every couple of weeks or so.  We couldn't get up in our bunks to watch or we would've been smoked, so all we could do was hear it. 

2 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

So sad. 

Him singing The Impossible Dream with the President's Own and Chamber Orchestra is pretty neat. 

Also, yes, there is a "Private Pyle" in every boot camp platoon. I'll never forget ours. His name was Weir, and he said he was going to sick his mom on our drill instructors. DI's got to a point where they made him sleep in his own squad bay, and made him call them by their first names instead of "Drill Instructor Sergeant Whatever'". They also had him crawl on his hands and knees pushing a foot locker around the squad bay as they doused him with aftershave for a couple of hours every couple of weeks or so.  We couldn't get up in our bunks to watch or we would've been smoked, so all we could do was hear it. 

Ours was actually named powell, so it fit perfect.

Our platoon ree ree was a dude named richter (not chuck, but maybe a cousin). I have several stories of the guy, and heard better from guys who went downrange with him (before he went UA and got kicked out). But every 2 or 3 years, someone from my old platoon will mention his name on facebook. And everyone floods it with stories. The funniest comments are dudes who never met him, only heard of him. Like "he was real? I thought it was a myth."

• 3 weeks later...

With Jim Nabors passing, Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou--Barney Fife's girlfriend) is the only surviving cast member of the Adult Characters of the Andy Griffith Show. Francis Bavier (Aunt Bee), Andy Griffith (Sheriff Andy), Don Knotts (Barney Fife), George Lindsey (Goober), Hal Smith (Otis the town drunk), Howard Morris (Ernest T. the town loon) and Jack Dodson (Howard Sprague the County Clerk) are all gone, and now Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle). Ron Howard of course is still around, but he was not part of the adult cast.