• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Could you imagine...

floplag

I'm not suggesting this is realistic or likely, but could you imagine if the club got Othani, make the Stanton/Gordon trade, and signed Moustakis? 
All rumors lined to the club, all possible... yes it would blow payroll sky high but it would also create an immediate WS contender maybe even favorite. 
I could win 10-15 games with that offfense, lol 

Well, one reason why Ohtani makes a ton of sense is because he'd be extremely cheap. So, I can see why the Angels would be all in. Can't see Moose being the third base solution in that event, but Ohtani, Stanton, Gordon, and a smattering of cheap pen and IF depth certainly is within financial reason.

"A healthy Ohtani in 2016 made 20 starts, threw 140 innings and had 174 strikeouts and a 1.86 ERA, and in 382 plate appearances batted .322 with a .416 on-base percentage and 22 home runs."

Is it sustainable? Who knows. Are those numbers inflated from what they would be here? Sure. But holy shit is that an impressive line.

As a sports fan, I know the feeling of getting too excited after my team adds a couple of star players in the offseason, only to see my team fail big time at the end of the year. But on paper, the Angels offense would look scary if Stanton and Moose signs with the Angels. Still not one of those many people who think Gordon is really good, though.