• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

College Basketball 2017-18

Lunardi has UofA as a 4 seed and both us and southern cal as 10s. Also has ASU as the last team in. That could change with a win by Davidson today. 

I'm wondering when the last time was that the PAC12 had only one single digit seed.

Edited by Lou

It's been a good week or so for us. We went from 1of the last 4 out to 1 of the last 4 in to a 10 seed. 

If the 2 guys who were suspended all year had actually played (ie we treated them like other schools do), it would have been a much better season. We also have a great recruiting class coming in next year. 

52 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Am i reading the racket wrong that only 1 P12 team made the field(Zona) but 2 made the play in games(ucla and asu)?

Espn lover boy Trae Young got Oklahoma in

texas in? Alabama a 9? This field is horse shit 

USC's snub, despite a 34 rpi and 37 SOS, is one of the biggest joke snubs ever.   Melton and Bland had nothing to do with the season, one suspended for the whole year and the other fired before the season began.

That snub is right there with the one LB got in 1990, despite beating top 25 schools NMSU (twice), Texas (road), and Purdue, and having a 40 rpi.

southern cal didn't beat any major conference team that made the tournament. The only 2 tourney teams they beat were #12 seed NM State and #15 seed CSJM.

Against other tourney teams, they lost to us twice, both Arizona schools, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. 

What exactly did they do to warrant a bid? 

15 hours ago, Tank said:

my brother and i both realized something off today - neither one of us can name a single college basketball player today. i guess that qualifies me as a less than good fan.

that being said, GO BUCKEYES!!!!

That's OK, they don't know who you are either.

Which, in my book, is inexcusable.

16 hours ago, Lou said:

So, a down vote but no response.  That pretty much sums up the reasoning behind  southern cal's tears 

I’m not butthurt. You need to win to be in, and clearly their schedule was softer than baby poo. That said, some other teams clearly were trending one way while SC was trending up. I’m also shocked at how soft the P12 was. Only 3?

12 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I’m not butthurt. You need to win to be in, and clearly their schedule was softer than baby poo. That said, some other teams clearly were trending one way while SC was trending up. I’m also shocked at how soft the P12 was. Only 3?

Their strength of schedule was 39/351 and a RPI of 34.

RPI is garbage. A team gets rewarded more for their opponents' schedules (50%) than if you actually win (25%), which is the same value which is placed on your opononents' opponents' schedule (25%). 

SOS is ok, but it's not enough to just play better schools, you actually have to beat them, which a couple of the bubble teams did. 

Edited by Lou

2 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

The conference was horrible this year. I actually think the 3 best teams in the PAC12 were AZ, us and southern cal. We didn't merit 4 teams getting in, IMO. 

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Bama:  SOS = 24   RPI = 42

9 wins vs tournament teams

And 15 losses just go away? Lol keep trying lou

the Johnies beat Duke and Nova why aren’t they in with Az St bc they beat KU and X around thanksgiving. 

22 minutes ago, nando714 said:

And 15 losses just go away? Lol keep trying lou

the Johnies beat Duke and Nova why aren’t they in with Az St bc they beat KU and X around thanksgiving. 

Are you saying Bama didn't deserve a bid?

I never said ASU deserved to be in, and St Jonn's had a losing record and an RPI of 94.  They aren't in the same conversation with ASU. 

You haven't said anything to convince anyone of why southern cal deserved a bid. They didn't win a single game against a power conference tournament team. They were #4 of the First 4 out, which means 4 other teams would have had to be passed over for them to get a bid. Face it, they weren't really that close. 

SELECTION CRITERIA 

The Rating Percentage Index (RPI) is one of many factors used by NCAA sports committees when evaluating team selection, seeding and bracketing.

The basic RPI consists of a team’s Division I winning percentage (25 percent weight), its opponents’ winning percentage (50 percent weight) and its opponents opponents’ winning percentage (25 percent weight). The RPI is one of many factors the committees use for selecting and seeding teams.

Other criteria the committee considers in the selections process are

An extensive season-long evaluation of teams through watching games, conference monitoring calls and regional advisory committee rankings;

Complete box scores and results;

Head-to-head results and results versus common opponents;

Imbalanced conference schedules and results;

Overall and non-conference strength of schedule;

The quality of wins and losses;

Road record;

Player and coach availability; and

Various computer metrics.

Each of the 10 committee members uses these various resources to form his or her own opinion, resulting in the committee’s consensus position on selection and seeding.