• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well that’s who is usually breaking laws and murdering people. 

Ya but they aren’t the ones going on shooting rampages.  Usually they’re just shooting up other drug dealers.  I guess you’ll probably reference like Chicago.  But how do more lax gun restrictions prevent stray bullets hitting some kid ? The poor areas problem isn’t lack of access to guns. It’s that they are poverty stricken.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Has anyone here ever encountered an intruder in their home? 

We know someone who did in Cathedral City. Apparently the husband chased the dude off with a shotgun. But they had left their front door unlocked. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

I can only imagine the ego stroking some of your poor wives must have to do on a daily basis just.  It must get fucking exhausting.  

I mean, my wife has her own shit she has to deal with with me but my god at least she doesn’t have to tell I’m a big, bad motherfucker daily else I become the next movie theater shooter.

She always tells me I’m not as funny as I think I am. I guess 25 years of bathroom humor got old. I also don’t take most of life that seriously and that includes myself so an inflated ego is something she doesn’t have to deal with. If I did have an ego I’d tell you to fuck off every time you called me a retard. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya but they aren’t the ones going on shooting rampages.  Usually they’re just shooting up other drug dealers.  I guess you’ll probably reference like Chicago.  But how do more lax gun restrictions prevent stray bullets hitting some kid ? The poor areas problem isn’t lack of access to runs. It’s that they are poverty stricken.

Don't you know that gun violence in Chicago makes all arguments about gun control AND systemic racism irrelevant?

6 minutes ago, cals said:

Dude, I know you try to be tolerant and understanding but don’t encourage him.  Anything less than shaming him for being a moron is unacceptable.

I'm trying to be.

But I like Jason and I have never had issues having calm and reasonable discussions with him. You're just being a butt face.

Look Whos Talking Now Reaction GIF

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya but they aren’t the ones going on shooting rampages.  Usually they’re just shooting up other drug dealers.  I guess you’ll probably reference like Chicago.  But how do more lax gun restrictions prevent stray bullets hitting some kid ? The poor areas problem isn’t lack of access to guns. It’s that they are poverty stricken.

I posted some stats above in regards to gun violence that explains where the numbers are coming from. You should check them out 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

I appreciate that of the total number of shooting deaths from the mass shooting events don’t represent a big portion of the overall numbers.  But don’t you think they probably represent the most preventable ones ? Also, it’s notable isn’t it that generally the states with firmer restrictions have substantially lower concentrations of gun related violence.  Even Illinois with all its problems in Chicago looks significantly less then say, Mississippi.  Other states with very lax laws. 

anyway, to me it hits different when it’s people just out to the movies or shopping or kids in a school then like gang bangers murdering each other.  

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

Once when I was in high school. They ran out the bedroom window as we came in the front door 

And I mentioned my house was burglarized a few days back.  These are cases where obviously the robbers weren’t interested in a confrontation.  Nearly all cases are like this.  They want to grab some shit and run.  That sucks.  It really does.  But does that justify the strapping up response ? To me it doesn’t. Like if I could go back in time and stop the guys that robbed my house.  I wouldn’t want to.  They stole some cameras and shit, some jewelry.  I don’t think I’d want to go kill them over that.  My old man was pretty pissed about it, I don’t think he would have wanted to shoot them.  Anyway.  

I mean personally I’ve been involved in an armed robbery.  Some years ago at a job I had a guy pull up his shirt where he had a handgun stowed.  He did not point it at me but threatened me and demanded the money in the drawer.  I turned it over and he ran off.  That sucked.  It definitely could have been worse.  He didn’t actually point it at me like I said.  So i don’t know how that would have changed my mind.  Even with that experience tho I’ve still never felt like I needed to keep a gun. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I appreciate that of the total number of shooting deaths from the mass shooting events don’t represent a big portion of the overall numbers.  But don’t you think they probably represent the most preventable ones ? Also, it’s notable isn’t it that generally the states with firmer restrictions have substantially lower concentrations of gun related violence.  Even Illinois with all its problems in Chicago looks significantly less then say, Mississippi.  Other states with very lax laws. 

anyway, to me it hits different when it’s people just out to the movies or shopping or kids in a school then like gang bangers murdering each other.  

I don’t think active shooter situations are preventable but I do think we can minimize their impact. There has to be a reason they’ve increased like they have so we need to figure that out. Thankfully they are still a very rare occurrence but when they do happen they are upsetting and we do need some solutions today not tomorrow or next week. I guarantee you there are other demented young men plotting one as I type this.  As far as gang bangers killing each other, I say let them. Nobody cares about them anyways. You and I have a different political views so we see this through different lenses. I respect your opinion because it’s coming from a place to where you want to see less people die from gun violence. So do I (except gang bangers). As a California gun owner I do not trust gun control proposals because they will never satisfied and want more restrictions as time goes on. Here in California they’ve done just that and they just keep piling on the laws that are not intended to save lives. Like the safe handgun roster or limiting gun purchases to one a month. At what point would the left be willing to say that restrictions aren’t working? IMO they won’t. This is why this subject is very politically decisive 

41 minutes ago, Lou said:

Has anyone here ever encountered an intruder in their home? 

I did when I lived on the peninsula.  I got home from the bars and dude was in my kitchen.  I told him to get the fuck out and I was calling the cops.  I didn’t feel a need to shoot him.

38 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm trying to be.

But I like Jason and I have never had issues having calm and reasonable discussions with him. You're just being a butt face.

Look Whos Talking Now Reaction GIF

I like him too.  I have lots of stupid friends.  Doesn’t mean I don’t tell them they’re stupid.