• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

🙏🙏🙏🙏

That picture reminded of when Blarg was going to handle the riots in Portland but was too busy.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:52 AM, Blarg said:

I just got off the firing range up here in Montana honing my skills. Unfortunately we don't have time to stop by Portland to fix that clusterfuck. 

2 hours ago, St1ck said:

That picture reminded of when Blarg was going to handle the riots in Portland but was too busy.

He’s such a bad ass he reported my post this morning.  That’s a true American hero.

I think we need to have a real discussion about why (mostly) white guys feel the need to be armed.  All little dick jokes aside, how fucked up is an existence where you need to bring a gun every time you go buy bananas?  The act itself has to just poison the psyche of the gun wearer.  For a person with obvious self-esteem issues the act of arming oneself constantly has to have a contradictory effect from a feeling of safety and self-worth.  Rather it’s a reminder, a false reminder, that this trip to Albertsons is not safe.  That has to fuck a person up even if they’re not aware of the damage.

6 minutes ago, cals said:

I think we need to have a real discussion about why (mostly) white guys feel the need to be armed.  All little dick jokes aside, how fucked up is an existence where you need to bring a gun every time you go buy bananas?  The act itself has to just poison the psyche of the gun wearer.  For a person with obvious self-esteem issues the act of arming oneself constantly has to have a contradictory effect from a feeling of safety and self-worth.  Rather it’s a reminder, a false reminder, that this trip to Albertsons is not safe.  That has to fuck a person up even if they’re not aware of the damage.

My father carried his whole life - mainly due to a fear of black people. My wife and I went to the grocery store with him once when I visited him in Florida. I'm not sure that she believed me when I told her how extreme that he was when it came to that. He told us, "Don't get very far away from me", because the 70 year old black woman on the drink aisle was going to throw down that two liter bottle of Sprite and kill whitey, just because.

My sister said that he once got incredibly pissed at her because she asked him to leave the handgun in the car at Toys R Us.

I’m not one to go off on how they didn’t charge in to engage the shooter because frankly I wouldn’t do it either.  But I think maybe people should stop pretending these guys are the answer to everything.  Maybe spend more money on social workers or something. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not one to go off on how they didn’t charge in to engage the shooter because frankly I wouldn’t do it either.  But I think maybe people should stop pretending these guys ar the answer to everything.  Maybe spend more money on social workers or something. 

Dude, more guns are the only answer. Just roll with it.

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

My father carried his whole life - mainly due to a fear of black people. My wife and I went to the grocery store with him once when I visited him in Florida. I'm not sure that she believed me when I told her how extreme that he was when it came to that. He told us, "Don't get very far away from me", because the 70 year old black woman on the drink aisle was going to throw down that two liter bottle of Sprite and kill whitey, just because.

My sister said that he once got incredibly pissed at her because she asked him to leave the handgun in the car at Toys R Us.

To me that’s sad.  And he didn’t have to be that way.  Like most things people do he probably got it from listening to fucked up people that couldn’t give 2 shits about him.

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m not one to go off on how they didn’t charge in to engage the shooter because frankly I wouldn’t do it either.  But I think maybe people should stop pretending these guys are the answer to everything.  Maybe spend more money on social workers or something. 

Also, maybe, just having a gun doesn’t make you tough.  When faced with real threats of injury do we think our AW brute squad would rush in? Or panic and find excuses?  

And again, all we are doing is venting.  All anyone can do is vent. If Sandy Hook didn’t alter our national course on this issue, nothing will.  At this point it’s fingers crossed your kid’s school doesn’t get shot up.  Fingers crossed your church doesn’t get shot up.  Fingers crossed you aren’t buying groceries and the lights go out forever.  

Men, usually less than average intelligence, but not always, and usually white, but not always, and always with self-esteem issues need their security blanket.  So fingers crossed it isn’t you or your family.  Their right to be cowards is stronger than your right not to get blown away.

I'd rather look at this from the angle of securing the school. The answer, at least to me, is absolutely not to have an all out gun battle on the school grounds. I don't have a solution in front of me but if this was a priority for people who all work in secure areas and send their kids to secure private schools (Hint: it's not) then I'm sure we'd come up with something better than sending a glorified security guard in to shoot it out with a lunatic while our kids hide under the desk.