• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels roster could change a lot before 2018

Second Base

17 minutes ago, ksangel said:

I believe 99.9% on this board think Cowart will never hit at the ML level but I still hold out hope he'll figure it out and the above post give me a glimmer of hope maybe someone else still believes in Cowart.

KC was very patient with Moustakas as he struggled for three of the first four years....and .212 in 2014...gave him almost 2000 at bats...and Cowarts had about 250...

moustakas.png.102e7c47a98dbc6aed9f4f5346cf7548.png

There's a huge difference between Moose's ~.650+ OPS and Cowart's ~.400 OPS.

Ive got hope too, and honestly, if we have big bats at LF/3B I would be fine with Kaleb at 2nd.

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

There's a huge difference between Moose's ~.650+ OPS and Cowart's ~.400 OPS.

Ive got hope too, and honestly, if we have big bats at LF/3B I would be fine with Kaleb at 2nd.

Understand the OPS difference...Moose hits more HR's and always will...but wonder what Cowart's OPS would be if he was given 600 AB's in a year. 

To me this shows that the Angels have to be competitive every year and don't have time for a player to improve at the ML level - have to play from the onset - and the Royals have to be patient and develop players even at the ML level and then they go down like they will next year when they lose a number of key players from their contending teams...and don't have ready replacements so they will be patient and rebuild again.

3 hours ago, ksangel said:

I believe 99.9% on this board think Cowart will never hit at the ML level but I still hold out hope he'll figure it out and the above post give me a glimmer of hope maybe someone else still believes in Cowart.

KC was very patient with Moustakas as he struggled for three of the first four years....and .212 in 2014...gave him almost 2000 at bats...and Cowarts had about 250...

Great post!!!!

However, no one near a HALOS uniform, front desk, managerial office, or Angelswin.com would ever allow someone to fail close to 2,000 before they see results!

See; Wood Brandon, Cowart Kaleb, Espinosa Danny and for the lesser part Brandon Phillips! Just in the last 8 years....

* Note* No, Drug abusers nor Fat former Canadian players were mentioned nor wanted to be discussed within the body of this reply.

On 9/26/2017 at 8:59 AM, totdprods said:

Hosmer is gonna cost a fortune. Honestly if we do go after a 1B, I would want Carlos Santana. He won't command nearly as much money or years as Hosmer and he's been red-hot much of the year, and is an incredibly steady, productive hitter in almost every aspect. He's going to be like Victor Martinez or Adrian Beltre or Nelson Cruz, a steady bat that may actually hit better with age.

Besides, we haven't had a guitar player around here since Spiezio.

21 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Acquire Hernandez (around .370 OBP since 2016) from the Phillies for Skaggs, sign Chatwood and Moose, keep Upton, re-sign Petit, and sign a solid lefty reliever. 

S- Hernandez, R- Trout, R- Upton, L- Moose, R- Pujols, L- Calhoun, R- Simmons, R-Cron, R- Maldonado

R-GRich, R-Chatwood, R-Shoe, R-Bridwell, L-Heaney; with R- JC Ramirez waiting to return  

R-Parker, R-Petit, R-Bedrosian, R-Middleton, L-new lefty, R-N. Ramirez, clean peanut

The oft-injured Skaggs will not command Hernandez by himself.

I am still hesitant to trade Skaggs or any starter.  I certainly wouldn't trade Skaggs plus others for Hernandez.  It is entirely possible that I am undervaluing Hernandez, but haven't we heard he is a bit of a malcontent?  I could be thinking of someone else that we talked about on here, but isn't his defense just ok?    

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am still hesitant to trade Skaggs or any starter.  I certainly wouldn't trade Skaggs plus others for Hernandez.  It is entirely possible that I am undervaluing Hernandez, but haven't we heard he is a bit of a malcontent?  I could be thinking of someone else that we talked about on here, but isn't his defense just ok?    

I think it was Fletcher who said the Angels have no interest in Hernandez.

12 hours ago, ksangel said:

I have expressed my concern about Cowart being able to hit previously and I still think that is an issue.

The reason the club may not stick with him has to do with the fact about what you just said, his development time. The Angels need to win now, not later. Kaleb may not be ready in Eppler's and Scioscia's eyes so to allow him to stumble some more while the team is trying to win a championship may be his downfall with this organization. It would not surprise me to see him either a ) move to a utility role or b ) get traded to a team that is not contending in 2018 or perhaps 2019 (or a small market, low payroll team) where Kaleb can continue to develop his game at the Major League level.

There are just guys out there that develop at different speeds than others. Some never develop at all, while players like Trout step into the Majors and dominate from day one. It is an inexact science and difficult to predict/project.

Good post!

On 9/26/2017 at 2:17 PM, Hubs said:

L- Calhoun

R- Trout

R- Upton

L - Hosmer

R- Pujols

L- Moustakas

R- Kendrick

R- Maldonado

R- Simmons

Still no high OBP guy in front of Trout. If we had that lineup, I would probably put Trout back at leadoff.

And Hosmer is very likely to get a QO from the Royals. Moustakas, too, I dont know how much of a disadvantage that is under the new CBA. Or how many QOs you can tender. KC probably cant tender a QO to both, I guess. Certainly Hoss gets one.

Since we wont get Moose AND Hoss, we probably still need another LH hitter. Go for Walker or Lowrie.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

And Hosmer is very likely to get a QO from the Royals. Moustakas, too, I dont know how much of a disadvantage that is under the new CBA. Or how many QOs you can tender. KC probably cant tender a QO to both, I guess. Certainly Hoss gets one.

Would only lose a 2nd round pick for signing Moose, if getting QO.