• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where are the fans?

Docwaukee

I should also point out the Angels are playing some really good games. Last night's game, even though they lost, was quite entertaining. 

When I saw the Twins lose 11-3, I was thinking "when was the last time the Angels just got blown out?"

They never do. And they never blow out anyone else. Every game is tight.

It would be fun to watch if I didn't have to write two stories at once every night. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I should also point out the Angels are playing some really good games. Last night's game, even though they lost, was quite entertaining. 

When I saw the Twins lose 11-3, I was thinking "when was the last time the Angels just got blown out?"

They never do. And they never blow out anyone else. Every game is tight.

It would be fun to watch if I didn't have to write two stories at once every night. 

I don't think this team is fun to watch.  I do watch many games or many parts of many games because I am interested in the outcome.  But is this 2017 really "fun" to watch??

I am not talking about fun because you just like baseball ad a sport.  I am talking about how "fun" is it to watch this 2017 team versus other Angel teams in the past, or when compared to lots of other teams in baseball that have far more entertaining players.

The stadium is empty, in my opinion, specifically because they are not very fun to watch (relatively speaking).

I will be an Angel fan til I die.  But some rosters are harder to watch than others.

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Honest question not being a smartass.

If the Angels make the postseason will the games even sell out?

I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy tickets walkup on game night.

If stars like Trout, Upton, Simmons, and even Pujols can't fill the stadium in the playoffs ... then that's a big problem.

I think all playoff games will be sellouts. 

13 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

If stars like Trout, Upton, Simmons, and even Pujols can't fill the stadium in the playoffs ... then that's a big problem.

I hope you are right.  I just wouldn't be shocked. . .based on some Sat night crowd sizes for a team in the hunt.

The emotional relationship between the fan base and the team seems to be not much more than requisite.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

I'm enjoying it.

Last year at this time I bet most of you didn't really care too much whether we won or lost. Well, you do now. Stop being miserable. Stop obsessing on the negatives.

Start enjoying yourselves. It doesn't cost any more than constantly whining about the team. 

reaction reaction s reaction image all of this GIF

5 hours ago, Lou said:

I'm enjoying it.

Last year at this time I bet most of you didn't really care too much whether we won or lost. Well, you do now. Stop being miserable. Stop obsessing on the negatives.

Start enjoying yourselves. It doesn't cost any more than constantly whining about the team. 

Speak for yourself, pal.

I'm not here for fun...you think I'd subject myself to this shit for fun?

I don't think baseball is fun to watch merely because I like the sport. It's not even my favorite sport. In fact, it's probably third, behind college football and college basketball. The NFL bores me now. 

Come from behind wins are fun to watch. Close games, while at times agonizing, are fun to watch. 

How many teams have, not one, but two players that are as exciting to watch on the field every night as Trout and Simmons?  In regards to entertainment value, i'll take them over any other duo in baseball. 

On September 21, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Homebrewer said:

I'm not here for fun

Oh, I think you've made that abundantly clear.

Perhaps you shouldn't give figure skating a try. If you have any questions, ask playball89. 

He was a top-rated amateur before his unfortunate gerbil incident 

Edited by Lou

On September 21, 2017 at 12:06 PM, Troll Daddy said:

If not, the only in filled seats will be in the upper corners of the stadium where, from what I've been told, they sell discounted bird seed. 

On 9/19/2017 at 1:55 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I honestly think that technology has an influence here, especially when it comes to fans in the OC, IE. 

Why drop 50 bucks a game (if not a lot more) when you can watch the game on a large HD screen with surround sound, you're own food and adult beverages? 

Even when I was in the OC I only went to 5-7 games a year, great product on the field or not. Up here I get to see the Angels 9 times, but I usually only go to 5.. I like watching from the comfort of my own home. 

I agree with this.  I've only been to one game this year.  It was a great game too.  I just can't justify the price of going to games regularly.  I have watched almost every game this year of TV.  Love Angels baseball, even when they frustrate me to no end. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Come from behind wins are fun to watch. Close games, while at times agonizing, are fun to watch. 

How many teams have, not one, but two players that are as exciting to watch on the field every night as Trout and Simmons?  In regards to entertainment value, i'll take them over any other duo in baseball. 

@Calzone pay attention dude. This post is so on point, but I feel you're completely missing out on all the fun and exciting plays/games because you're focused on shit that's completely out of your control. You're burning a lot of energy and time on being reactive to the negative, while completely missing out on the positives. 

I've been a fan since '79 and have enjoyed some good baseball over the years. The good, the bad and the ugly. If you're a fan of the team, you stick with your team and support them.

We're fortunate to be in a spot we're in, playing meaningful baseball games in late Sept., despite all of the major injuries & recent failures.