• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Next 12 Games = Season (4-8)

fan_since79

31 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Think how Minnesota fans feel about the Angels on their tail and if they were to over take them. Twinswin.com would go ballistic, how could a team with only one good starter get this far and that guy has only pitched 3 games! 

Minnesota won 59 games last season so I think their fans are ecstatic to be in the position they're in even if they fail to make the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I know! And now we're 2 back of the Twins.

Total collapse 

Not a total collapse. They're 4-5 since the acquisitions and since it's September I kind of expected more of a sense of urgency. I expected the team to go on a run and play at a higher level. The team looks flat so far, that's all I'm saying. 

7 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Not a total collapse. They're 4-5 since the acquisitions and since it's September I kind of expected more of a sense of urgency. I expected the team to go on a run and play at a higher level. The team looks flat so far, that's all I'm saying. 

I haven't caught every game during that run, but the few I did see, the Angels were pretty close and just had some really unlucky breaks. 

Over the next 12 games, I'm hoping the Yanks get knocked around (they have a tricky stretch too) and the Twins don't flat out dominate. NYY and MIN play each other too, so the Angels have that working to their benefit. 

If the Angels can land around 6-6 in these 12 games and NYY and MIN both have middling records in that time too, the angels have a good shot again in the final week.

21 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I haven't caught every game during that run, but the few I did see, the Angels were pretty close and just had some really unlucky breaks. 

Over the next 12 games, I'm hoping the Yanks get knocked around (they have a tricky stretch too) and the Twins don't flat out dominate. NYY and MIN play each other too, so the Angels have that working to their benefit. 

If the Angels can land around 6-6 in these 12 games and NYY and MIN both have middling records in that time too, the angels have a good shot again in the final week.

I certainly cant see the Angels catching the Yankees. We're five back of them. 

And I am not so sure that the the Yanks playing the Twins is any advantage to us, unless one teams sweeps the other. If it is a split series in any fashion, we will not gain on one of the teams unless we sweep at the same time. 

These games against the Astros are huge. If we fall behind the Rangers and/or Mariners, it becomes tough to gain on them because they play each other. You cant gain on both teams while they are playing each other. Someone stays ahead of you.

And everyone is forgetting about the Royals;  a team that has the most playoff experience of any team in the WC race. They play ten games against teams with nothing to play for; White Sox, Tigers and Jays. They do play four against the Indians, three against the D-back and one makeup game against the Yanks. Their schedule is somewhere between the Yankees and Angels (relatively hard) and the Twins (relatively easy).

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I just remember how this team closed out 2015 (21-11) and fell shy by one game. They need to step it up and play some solid baseball like they did at the end of 2015. 

Twins play 11 of their 18 games against a dumpster fire Tiggers team and a bad Toronto road team.   Plus Santana faces SD today.

Can't see them faring worse than 9-3 in those 12 games.   So even if the Twins go 2-4 combined against the Indians and Skanks, the Halos would then need to finish out with a 13-5 record just to TIE the Twins for the 2nd WC spot.   No way Jose is 13-5 happening for the Halos, with 8 games remaining vs. Houston and Cleveland.   Oh, and Beltre was activated by the Rangers.   Those 3 games this weekend vs. Tejas will be tough too, given the 6-10 record against them.   

38 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Twins play 11 of their 18 games against a dumpster fire Tiggers team and a bad Toronto road team.   Plus Santana faces SD today.

Can't see them faring worse than 9-3 in those 12 games.   So even if the Twins go 2-4 combined against the Indians and Skanks, the Halos would then need to finish out with a 13-5 record just to TIE the Twins for the 2nd WC spot.   No way Jose is 13-5 happening for the Halos, with 8 games remaining vs. Houston and Cleveland.   Oh, and Beltre was activated by the Rangers.   Those 3 games this weekend vs. Tejas will be tough too, given the 6-10 record against them.   

I thought Beltre was going to be out for the season. Wow, that's a quick recovery!

49 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Beltre is still injured and not able to play. He was DL'ed at the time because they needed a roster spot (obviously) and was only activated now because rosters have expanded, and it frees him up as a potential pinch-hitter, but he's still days away from seeing any real time.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Beltre is still injured and not able to play. He was DL'ed at the time because they needed a roster spot (obviously) and was only activated now because rosters have expanded, and it frees him up as a potential pinch-hitter, but he's still days away from seeing any real time.

That does change things a little bit for the weekend at least, thanks for the update.   For the Halos, Beltre pinch-hitting >>>>>>>> Beltre getting 4 at bats per game. 

We might be able to pull this off with as little as 84 wins.

Win one Cleveland game, one in Houston, three in Chicago, and sweep Seattle the final weekend at the Big A.

Minnesota loses today, splits the four games in Detroit, loses two in Cleveland, and wins two against Detroit the final weekend.

We finish one game ahead of them for the 2nd wild card.

It could happen...

Come Sunday, after the games are over if we are still within 2 games of the 2nd wild card, we will be good to go. The hope is will be tied or wining the wild card by then, but just being close will be a victory going to Chicago, while the Twins take on Cleveland.

Let's stun the baseball world and take the next 2 from Cleveland, Go Angels...

41 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

We might be able to pull this off with as little as 84 wins.

Win one Cleveland game, one in Houston, three in Chicago, and sweep Seattle the final weekend at the Big A.

Minnesota loses today, splits the four games in Detroit, loses two in Cleveland, and wins two against Detroit the final weekend.

We finish one game ahead of them for the 2nd wild card.

It could happen...

Don't think we'll win it with just one win vs CLE and one win vs HOU.....

43 minutes ago, Zardawg16 said:

Just need to go 2-1 the rest of the way. Doesn't matter where the wins come from. Just my opinion. 

True that.....any combination works....it would be nice, though, to get 2 of 3 from CLE and HOU and kind of open things up for a big finish with the WSox and M's....