• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert won't last another year

SigBaby

If he doesn't get whatever has slowed him down even more fixed. I've never seen anyone this slow, not even Ortiz. If you can't get a double off a ball that hits the wall in left center field then what ball can you get a double on. If the pain is really so great that he can't turn that into a double he won't be around for more than another season. 

32 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

If he doesn't get whatever has slowed him down even more fixed. I've never seen anyone this slow, not even Ortiz. If you can't get a double off a ball that hits the wall in left center field then what ball can you get a double on. If the pain is really so great that he can't turn that into a double he won't be around for more than another season. 

Hard to know which way it will go....He is a proud guy and that could be a good thing or a bad thing....Too proud to embarrass himself or too proud to quit....we'll see....

1 hour ago, SigBaby said:

To be 'fair' he was too busy 'miring his shot to run out of the box.

Just now, tomsred said:

Kind of harsh about a guy who has done more than any other position player the past two weeks to keep the Angels in the WC race.  He has 15 hits in his last 30 AB's, 13 RBI's, and missed tying the game last night by a few feet of height.   

I know he's hitting very well lately but he's nearing a point where it is impossible for him to get a double. Either he just doesn't care about running hard or his body is incapable of running faster than a jogging pace anymore. If it's the latter and he really is in pain I don't see how he can continue to play for much longer

42 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You think he's walking away from almost 90 million dollars that Arte agreed to pay him? 

I can't see it

I think the scenario would be that he retires because of injuries...still gets paid....I don't think the Angels usually insure so Arte could make that call...if they did insure (given the amount), that could complicate things...

50 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

He's not leaving without getting 3000 hits either.

He's only 50 away from 3000 which will happen sometime next season. I think he'll play out the season get his 3000 then call it quits. Considering how rich he already is I would think the money would mean less to him that his reputation and health.

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You think he's walking away from almost 90 million dollars that Arte agreed to pay him? 

I can't see it

You cant see it because you never had the pride of being the best baseball player of your generation.  Albert will have that.  He will come back one year to prove this years regression was a fluke.  However if it proves not to be a fluke Albert has to much pride to embarrass his legacy.   His family and those who love him will tell him the same thing.  He has already made 150 million af his 250 millin contract.   His legacy will be more important to gim than tge money.

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

You cant see it because you never had the pride of being the best baseball player of your generation.  Albert will have that.  He will come back one year to prove this years regression was a fluke.  However if it proves not to be a fluke Albert has to much pride to embarrass his legacy.   His family and those who love him will tell him the same thing.  He has already made 150 million af his 250 millin contract.   His legacy will be more important to gim than tge money.

Sounds like wishful thinking to me but we'll see...

20 hours ago, SigBaby said:

Wait. 

Did he not run AGAIN, or is this the incident from the As series?

I haven't seen any games this weekend.

5 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Wait. 

Did he not run AGAIN, or is this the incident from the As series?

I haven't seen any games this weekend.

Twice off the wall in Seattle he's been held to a single. One of them was left center and the other was the left field corner. The one in left center was crucial as it was to lead off the 9th

15 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

That play at home vs the A'th, where the 2B fumbles the GB to the SS, and they still get him at 2B.

That defines him.

No...that one hopper off the fence, then bounces on the ground for two or three more times and Albert still gets thrown out at 2nd by a full step....that defines him.