• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

AL Wild Card Watch

well - let's see if we can sweep the .360 level of play Phillies this week and then take the A's series 2-1 (at home here) to go 5-1 this week.

I see us going 14-13 in August which pretty much leaves us pretty much right where we are heading into the final month (we would be 66-68)

August Series: Philly 3-0; A's 2-1; O's 1-2;

Sea 2-2; Nats 0-2; O's 1-2

Rangers 3-1; Astros 1-2; A;s 1-1.

If the Angels were to win the wild card this year, a few things would happen...

1. The collective baseball writers throughout America would be left speechless because the Angels are supposed to be terrible except for Trout and they're totally wasting his presence.

2. We'd be a freakin' dangerous playoff team if Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Shoe and Meyer are healthy and pitching up to their ability. 

3. Many AW members would have to answer to a very angry and vengeful God for their worship of Eppler, a mere man.

4. It would probably cause a shift in how we approach the offseason. I think it would make rate and Eppler a little more aggressive in free agency.

5. I'd become too full of myself because I predicted they'd make the playoffs and I'm already insufferable enough.

To be honest, KC's and TB are solid teams. But SEA and Baltimore....we're better than both. Baltimore is well coached but Machado, Davis and Trumbo aren't healthy and contributing and their pitching staff is atrocious. You get around Schoop and Mancini, and you'll win. Seattle is your typical Dipoto team. Looks great in paper, sacrificed budget and farm to build this team. Then they underperform and miss the playoffs, which causes them to go out and spend more money, just to lose more.

1 minute ago, Scotty@AW said:

1. The collective baseball writers throughout America would be left speechless because the Angels are supposed to be terrible except for Trout and they're totally wasting his presence.

2. We'd be a freakin' dangerous playoff team if Richards, Heaney, Skaggs, Shoe and Meyer are healthy and pitching up to their ability. 

3. Many AW members would have to answer to a very angry and vengeful God for their worship of Eppler, a mere man.

4. It would probably cause a shift in how we approach the offseason. I think it would make rate and Eppler a little more aggressive in free agency.

5. I'd become too full of myself because I predicted they'd make the playoffs and I'm already insufferable enough.

To be honest, KC's and TB are solid teams. But SEA and Baltimore....we're better than both. Baltimore is well coached but Machado, Davis and Trumbo aren't healthy and contributing and their pitching staff is atrocious. You get around Schoop and Mancini, and you'll win. Seattle is your typical Dipoto team. Looks great in paper, sacrificed budget and farm to build this team. Then they underperform and miss the playoffs, which causes them to go out and spend more money, just to lose more.

I like your post.  Of all the things I took away from it however, it's that the auto correct for arte is rate.  

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If not for the unfortunate loss Sunday in Toronto we would have a 4 game streak now.

Like I said, not capable of that type of streak. Often times it seems like there are games they are going out of their way and showing some real creativity in how they lose. The Toronto game was evidence of that. 

On 8/2/2017 at 1:08 AM, Scotty@AW said:

I'm all for them winning the wild card, but I don't see them going far enough in the playoffs to make sacrifices to advance this year.